Ch. 13

"Wait, what did he call you?" Andrea asked. "Um.. Luce Mia," I said hesitantly tripping over the pronunciation. I could hear exactly how he said it but I couldn't get my mouth to shape the words right. "My light" Andrea said. "What?" I asked confused. "Luce Mia means My Light in Italian," Andrea explained. Raiza stood her face paled at Andrea's explanation. "Damn it!" She swore under her breath. "What is it?" Andrea demanded. Raiza shook her head. "I can't explain, not yet." Raiza told her. She glanced down at her watch. "It is time for you both to get to class," Raiza started walking towards the door her hand wrapped around the door knob before she turned back around to face us. "Both of you are under strict orders not to tell another soul about this. Do you understand?" Raiza asked the power of an Alpha laced in her voice and gaze. "As you command," I answered immediately. Raiza nodded in acknowledgement to me before turning the full force of her gaze on Andrea. "I understand," Andrea replied. With that Raiza yanked open my door and swept out of my room. "Protect her," Raiza's voice sounded through my head.

"Well," Andrea said. She was standing in the doorway waiting for me to follow. "Uh..right," I muttered and followed her out of my room. It hadn't even been thirty minutes since she appeared in my doorway this morning treating me like I was an actual person and now she was back to reluctantly admitting my existence. She is so damn aggravating.

Downstairs in the cafeteria it was busier than normal the pups had already left for the bus and now everyone else was in the cafeteria eating breakfast...or rather waiting on Andrea so that they could eat breakfast. Andrea grabbed a plate of pancakes and claimed a spot next to Sadie. I glanced at the breakfast options before grabbing a side of bacon. I might have gone through the change and should be starved but I think if I ate much of anything it would just end up coming back up. After I grabbed my food I turned and started heading for Skye and Ryan's table. Halfway across the cafeteria Andrea's voice rang out. "Kye!" I turned and looked at where she sat at the front of the cafeteria. I raised my eyebrow in reply. "Come here." She ordered. If I had been anywhere else I would have flipped her off and kept walking she might have been the Sigma but she didn't have the absolute power of an alpha yet and to top it off she ordered me but didn't put the power of command behind it. I could have easily walked away...if it hadn't been for the group of gawking wolves watching the exchange like a Friday night tv drama. I glanced at Skye and Ryan before I turned and made my way to the front of the room and before Andrea. Sadie was seated on her left, the spot on her right was empty. "Breakfast and lunch are formal, you sit in the spot your position in the pack gives you," she told me. With a gesture she nodded to the empty spot on her right. I gritted my teeth to keep from cussing and slid my tray onto the table. I was aware of everyone watching as I walked around the table and sat down next to Andrea. As soon as I sat down everyone lost interest and went back to their own breakfast. "Good morning cousin," Sadie said around Andrea. "Morning," I muttered back. I picked up a piece of bacon and took an experimental bite, gagging I tossed it back onto the plate and shoved the tray away from me. "You should eat" Sadie told me. "I don't really feel like it at the moment." I said. I had felt fine when I woke up this morning but now I was in a piss poor mood and really wanted to just go back to bed and pretend like today never happened, and it wasn't even 10:00 yet. "Kye," Aspen said. She stalked over and took the empty spot on my right. After the scene with her in the Rec room I had done a decent job of avoiding her but it looked like that was no longer an option. "Aspen, how are you?" I asked "I've been better," she said as she sat down. I like Ember and Carver and even their little brother, Sage, but for whatever reason I couldn't stand their older sister.

Breakfast passed in silence, at least for me, Andrea ignored me for the most part as did Aspen. Sadie was too far away to really talk and spent the majority of the time talking with Andrea anyway. As soon as I was able to leave I jumped up from my seat and nearly ran from the room. I was half way across the clearing when I remembered Skye an Ryan and turned around. "You look like you had a great breakfast!" Ryan called as he strode over to me. He laughed at my answering glare. "Ryan! Leave her alone!" Skye scolded as she cam up behind him. She wrapped her arm around my shoulder and we started walking once more towards the school building on the far side of the clearing.