Ch. 3

You know you were perfectly fine with us ten minutes ago now your acting like we all grew two extra heads or something," Ryan said poking me in my side. We were outside the cafeteria in a throng of wolves entering the building, I could smell the pasta from here and my mouth was watering. "What do you mean?" I asked Ryan. I swatted away his hand as he tried to poke me again. " This!" He said gesturing towards me. I was nestled next to Ember as we moved closer to the building.

"Oh leave her alone Ryan and as far as anyone here is concerned you do have two extra heads," Ember snapped at him. "Why did she have to remember you? Why not me than she would be hanging all over me and scared of you, hot head," Ryan whined. "Maybe after she finished throttling you," Carson said. "She wouldn't were older now more mature I'm sure it would have been water under the bridge," Ryan said. "Oh well in that case lets tell her about it," Ember said. Ryan paled and looked at her pleadingly. "You wouldn't! Would you? She'd most likely kill me," Ryan said. "I would actually like to know what you guys keep talking about," I said. "

Ember smiled at Ryan before turning completely to face me. "Well a week before the accident Ryan thought it would be fun to play a prank on you and...one of our pack mates. He started sending anonymous letters to them and then posted the letters and replies in the woods were all the pups hung out, well the letters didn't have any names on them but everyone saw and it was embarrassing to say the least for our pack mate. Well by now they were pissed and out for blood and Ryan kinda made it look like you were behind the whole thing," she told me. "He what?" I asked. "It was an accident Kye, I didn't mean to. They confronted me thinking I knew who did it and I tried to brush them off but for some reason they kinda got the impression it was you," he told me.

I was annoyed but not very much probably because I couldn't remember the incident but whoever that other wolf was could which was why I was so annoyed. "Come on, let's go eat you guys can fight later," Skye said and ushered us through the cafeteria. The smell of food was stronger in here and I suddenly forgot to be annoyed with Ryan as I made my way towards the buffet. I grabbed a plate and began piling food on. "I feed you not that long ago how hungry are you?" Skye asked. Looking at my over piled plate, I had grabbed a ton of pasta and garlic bread and a couple of chicken breasts. "I'm starved," I said. Werewolves normally ate a lot but seeing as my wolf had yet to awaken it was strange for me to be so hungry right after I had already ate.

Skye lead the way to one of the far tables that was occupied with other teens and sat down. I wanted nothing more than to dig into my food but I couldn't yet. First Skye went around the table and introduced me to the others I caught a few of the names but not many. After she finished I still couldn't eat, well no one could eat, because Raiza wasn't here yet and until the Alpha got food no one could eat, pack etiquette. Everyone around me was waiting patiently and talking about normal things like homework or plans for the rest of the night.

It wasn't long before the doors opened again and Raiza glided through them behind her were a couple of her Beta wolves like always. She walked to the front of the cafeteria where everyone could easily see her and she could see all of us. "Before we eat I have a couple of things I would like to talk to you all about and normally I would wait until Friday when we usually meet in the lodge but this can't wait," Raiza addressed the room. When she had entered the room had gone quiet but with her announcement a quiet hum of voices picked up. I listened and caught a few bits of conversation. "Do you think were under attack?" One wolf asked. "I bet this is about that human boy one of the pups brought to the woods," said another.

"Quiet," Raiza commanded and silence fell. Raiza left her spot at the front and started waking through the room. "As I am sure most of you remember eight years ago there was a tragic accident that took one of our wolves from us forever, Selena Hudson one of our best healers. The accident also caused Carver to take his daughter and join the military," Raiza stopped in front of me and pulled me to my feet. "I would like to welcome back one of our wolves who has been gone for a very long time, Kylie Hudson," Raiza said. Once more a hum went through the room which died easily with a glare from Raiza. She pulled me in front of her, her hands on my shoulders. "The accident took more than just Selena from us," Raiza told the crowd and I tensed. Everyone was staring at her now with rapt attention and I so hated being up here but this had to be down. I just wish she did it in a less embarrassing way. I scanned the room and I noticed that one girl wasn't staring at Raiza but at me and she looked pissed. Her eyes looked like liquid silver and they seemed to burn me as she stared.