Part 2: Legacy ~ Chapter 1

February 2019

~*~

Amy groaned a little as she struggled her way back to consciousness. The nightmare had pumped enough adrenaline into her system to return to the waking world, but she still had trouble opening her eyes. What the hell did they drug me with? That thought resulted in a cascade of memories, ending with Lucius' face appearing in front of her own and her eyes darted open.

"Welcome back, sweetheart," someone beside her said.

She slowly turned her head to see if the person she feared most was indeed right next to her.

Lucius sat behind the wheel of the car; he kept his eyes on the road, but his lips were curled up in a mischievous grin.

Am I still dreaming? Please Lord, let me still be dreaming!

"It seems your system couldn't handle the excitement of seeing me again in combination with whatever they injected you with. You're lucky that that big, strong nurse was kind enough to carry you to the car." Lucius was still grinning as he changed lanes to pass a truck.

Amy paled and turned her gaze down. I could undo my seatbelt and open the door. She stared out the window. Even if that truck misses me, someone else is sure—

"Don't even think about it." His voice was suddenly a lot darker and all the hairs on Amy's body stood erect as paralysis swept over her. "Your eyes betray your thoughts. I will grab you before your fingers even touch that handle and I doubt you wish to start our merry reunion with another punishment befitting an escape attempt." The undertone in his voice was that of amusement and Amy shivered.

This can't be happening. A violent spasm shook her body as she remembered what Lucius had done to her the previous time she had tried to escape.

The car moved onto the shoulder and came to a stop. Lucius turned to Amy and his fingers wrapped around her chin. His touch was cold, but a lot more gentle than she had expected. He forced her to face him, her tear-filled eyes meeting his dark ones.

"I haven't seen you this frightened of me in years—I rather like it." He grinned and his eyes shimmered with delight. "We're going to have some fun when we're back home; I've got a little surprise waiting for you..."

But I don't like surprises—especially not yours, she thought miserably and her bottom lip quivered.

"Now..." He let go of her chin. "I'm going to continue driving and I want you to behave like the good little girl that you are. Do I make myself clear?"

Amy nodded, but as her tongue felt like it was made out of cotton she didn't speak.

"Bobbi, I want to hear you say that you do." His eyes glinted with malice, a sight that made her stomach turn.

She parted her lips, but it took a while before she finally remembered how to produce sound. "Y-yes."

"Good." He turned away and straightened himself in his leather seat before driving away. The car sped up quickly and once at speed shifted back to the normal lane.

It remained silent for a few minutes and Amy simply stared outside. What if I were to suddenly grab the wheel; what are the odds of causing a deadly accident? Her eyes closed. Too low, she concluded and tears trickled down her cheeks as the realisation slowly sunk in that she had no chance of escaping.

"Now, now, why are you crying? I would have expected you to be a lot happier to be with me again."

Amy opened her eyes and looked at Lucius; the smirk on his face betrayed that he was playing with her. "Why—" her voice broke and she swallowed. "Why did you come back for me?"