Part 2: Legacy ~ Chapter 7

The eleven-hour flight to L.A. had been rather uneventful. They had departed around five o'clock and arrived when it was just eight PM. Amy had slept for the majority of the way and thus her biological clock was quite confused.

Once outside the airport they got into a taxi and Amy struggled to keep her eyes open. She had just drifted off when Lucius nudged her. Drowsily she looked around and realised they had reached their destination. Lucius had already gotten out of the cab and was getting their luggage out of the trunk. Amy yawned and climbed out as well. Standing on the sidewalk, she stretched and looked around. She had never been to a big city like L.A. before and it was quite a sight to take in.

"You can enjoy the view later," Lucius said as he held out her bag.

Amy took it and they made their way to a fancy looking building. The height of it dazzled her—even though it wasn't the highest on the block—and she quickly averted her eyes. The reception confused her; it looked more like the entrance of a company than that of a hotel.

Lucius walked up to the desk and greeted the security guard. "We're here for Khalida Katsanis. I'm Andrew Westwood and the pretty lass over there is Roberta Shane."

The woman smiled sweetly and nodded. "She's expecting you. Here,"—she handed Lucius two keycards—"these cards will provide access to the top levels and to your private quarters. Please take the elevator to the top floor; I'll contact Miss Katsanis to tell her you've arrived."

Lucius smiled and thanked the lady.

"Enjoy your stay, Sir Westwood."

Amy followed Lucius to the elevator without saying a word. Pretty lass? What the hell is he trying to do? Lost in thought she didn't pay much mind to her surroundings and nearly collided with a pillar if it wasn't for Lucius grabbing her arm and yanking her aside. Utterly confused she looked up; the moment she realised what had happened her face turned red.

"Mind watching your step?" Lucius stated more than asked.

"I-I'm sorry," Amy muttered.

Lucius simply shook his head and called the elevator. The doors opened a few seconds later and they stepped inside.

The elevator ascended and Amy grabbed onto the railing. Oh lord, how fast does this thing go? The force made her stomach turn and she became queasy. She looked at which floor they were going. Twenty-three? I've never been in a building that tall.

Lucius noticed her reaction and he raised a brow. "You're not going to be sick I hope."

Amy closed her eyes. "It's not like I want to." The elevator slowed down and this only made it worse. "I-I'll manage..."

The doors opened and they stepped out into a small room no bigger than the elevator they had just left. The single door in front of them had a keycard security device on it and Lucius unlocked it. They entered a well-decorated hallway with a carpeted floor. The ding of a bell made them turn around—there was another elevator next to the small room they had just exited. A lithe, dark woman with cropped hair walked out wearing an exquisite, white suit. She tilted her head slightly as she observed the couple.

"Andrew," she said with a smile and stepped forward, arms outstretched. Lucius accepted the hug and planted a kiss on both her cheeks.

"Khalida," he said, "it's been way too long."

"Fifteen years," she replied in a more serious tone. She gently pushed Lucius aside so she could take a good look at Amy. "So, is this the toy you mentioned?"