Part 2: Legacy ~ Chapter 8

"Please wait here a moment," Gwen told Amy and she hurried into the sitting room, leaving Amy at the threshold. She walked over to Kyron and whispered something in his ear.

Amy frowned and her paranoia increased when she noticed Kyron's gaze shifted from Gwen to her. I don't trust him, she thought. But then again, I don't trust anyone is this hell hole.

Gwen nearly skipped back to the hallway, a keycard in hand. Smiling broadly, she waved it in front of Amy's face. "Can't get into your room without it, let's go." Without waiting for a response, she led the way to the elevator. As they waited for it to come down, Gwen gleefully hummed a tune.

Why is she so happy? Amy grew more and more uncomfortable and she was no longer sure if she wanted to get into the elevator with her. Perhaps I should just take the stairs—it's just two floors after all... She looked down at her unfinished tea and wondered if she would manage to go up without spilling any of it. The elevator pinged and Amy nearly dropped the cup.

Gwen stepped into the elevator, clearly suppressing a giggle.

She saw, Amy thought. No, sure, I'll believe you; you're not sadistic at all... She rolled her eyes internally, too afraid of Gwen's reaction if she saw her doing it for real.

The doors closed and not a second later Gwen was right next to Amy's ear. "I know you want out," she whispered.

Amy froze. What?

The elevator started to move, but Gwen remained where she was. "I might be able to help you if you do something in return for me..." Her hot breath sent shivers down Amy's spine.

The cup rattled on the saucer and Amy fought to regain control of her muscles. Is she for real? Or is Lucius just testing me? He'd be that cruel, that's for sure. Her head spun and she bit her lip, unsure what to think of it.

"Well? What do you say? Want to hear my proposal?" Gwen's voice was warm and sweet, though laced with mischief.

It can't hurt to hear her out, right? She wanted to respond, but her mouth was dry and her tongue felt like cotton. The elevator came to a halt, the ping breaking the silence, and just as the doors opened Amy slowly nodded.

Gwen smirked and nearly pulled Amy out of the elevator by her wrist. They walked through the hallway, their footsteps muffled by the carpet, and stopped at a door labelled 2507. Gwen slid the keycard through the lock; it beeped and she pushed open the door.

Amy walked in, turned on the lights, and placed her tea on a nearby dresser. She turned to Gwen and jumped slightly when she noticed she was already standing right next to her.

"You're not afraid of little old me, are you?" she said teasingly.

Amy swallowed and gathered her courage. "How... How do I know Lucius' not setting me up?"

Gwen looked confused for a moment but then the smile returned. "Ah, André. I keep forgetting you call him Lucius. Well dear, you will just have to trust me on that one..." She slipped behind her and even when Amy turned, Gwen remained out of sight.

Trust her? Someone I met only a few hours ago? She's a friend of Lucius, how can I trust her? Amy bit her lip and remained silent.

"I know you're paranoid, but hear me out..." Gwen's lips brushed against Amy's ear as she whispered, "I really do like André, but I don't like seeing someone being kept against their will." She moved back slightly but remained behind Amy. "I don't know what you did, but I'm sure you already suffered more than enough. So, let me make you a deal..." She placed her hands on Amy's hips—immediately Amy tensed up and her breath hitched. "My, my..." Gwen giggled.