Part 2: Legacy ~ Chapter 6

I-I can't, Amy thought as her legs trembled to keep her upright.

"I will give you three options." Lucius' voice was laced with amusement. "Option one: you kill them—release them from their misery. Option two: you can try to kill me." He paused so that it could sink in.

Wait, what?! Amy blinked in confusion. Is he serious?

"Just know that for every stab I will peel the flesh off of one of your fingers. Layer ... by ... layer..."

The way he said the last bit sent shivers down Amy's spine. He's fucking serious. She bit her lip as she thought about it. Should I dare it? He wouldn't give me the option unless he was certain he would survive... Right?

"Option three: you do nothing. However, in that case, I will skin the both of them alive." His lips brushed against Amy's ear and she almost fell to her knees. "And I'll make you watch."

The world spun and black dots littered her vision. She clutched the knife tightly as she tried to think. Breathing heavily, she slowly moved the hand holding the weapon forward but then turned the blade towards herself.

"Ah-ah-ah," Lucius said as his fingers gently wrapped around her wrist. "An attempt at suicide was not one of the options. Try again."

Tears streamed down Amy's cheeks; the pressure on her head was making it hard for her to think clearly. Lucius' fingers slipped from her wrist and she noticed he took a step back. She spun around quickly, the knife raised and ready to strike, but the moment her eyes locked on Lucius' she hesitated.

Lucius looked at her, a small grin tugging at his lips. "Still got enough guts to try again?"

The knife started to tremble along with the rest of Amy's arm. Any courage she had mustered to turn and try to stab him again was gone now. Still, she stood frozen, unable to force her muscles to relax and lower the weapon.

"Well? Answer me, Bobbi. Are you going for option two?" His eyes gleamed maliciously as the corners of his mouth crept up. "Just know your left index finger will be my starting point..."

Amy clutched the knife tightly and her knuckles turned white. Do it. Don't do it. Do it. Don't do it.

"Bobbi... Answer me or I will go with option three."

Slowly Amy managed to shake her head and she lowered her arm. It's not worth it. Lucius raised a brow as he still waited for her answer. "N-no," she stammered, her voice not much more than a whisper.

"I'm not sure if this pleases me or not. I have to admit..." He lowered himself a little so he was level with her. "I was rather looking forward to peeling away your flesh until I reached those pretty, white bones."

A shiver ran up her spine and she swallowed. Yep, definitely not worth it. But then what? She bit her lip as she turned around to face the couple again. They're going to die no matter what I do. The woman's eyes were still closed, awaiting her fate. They were just trying to help me. A quick death is the least I can give them in return. Amy hadn't realised just how hard she was biting her lip until she tasted iron. Fuck.

"Option one or three?" Lucius whispered in her ear, his hot breath sending shivers down her spine.

"Please," the woman whispered with her eyes still closed, "Amy."

The sound of her real name caused something inside of her to break. She took a deep breath and raised the blade. She was about to embed it into the woman's chest when she stopped herself. Instead, she shifted her attention a bit higher and stared at her delicate neck for a few seconds. She sucked on her wounded lip; the metallic taste helped her focus. Her gaze drifted down and she stared at the woman's bare thigh—she was stripped of everything but her underwear. Amy shifted the blade in her hand so she had a good grip on it and stepped forward. She placed her free hand on the left leg, parted it from the other one, and swiftly cut the inner thigh.