Chapter 23

Demyan Point of View

Impossible...!

How?

How come she shot those men so easily without even blinking? Is she really an ordinary citizen or somehow she is also from a mafia background or something?

I was surprised how accurately her shooting was. She... nailed it. But how?

Why am I suddenly feeling so ashamed of myself?

Goodness Lord! Why am I constantly in such situation these days?

"Zinnia, I don't want to hug you like that." I tried to talk some sense out of her but my bad, sense is not something that can be in a same locality as her.

Oh mental girl, they were doing much more than just hugging naked. How am I to stay in control if you pull out this feat on me?

I looked over her petite body and my downtown man started belly dancing at a look of her.

Stop it, you fool!

God bless me with enough patience and control.

"Of course you are. Look at yourself looking so painful like the guy in the movie. I'm your girlfriend and it is my duty to hug you. Now come on take off your shirt." Oh for the love of -!

Why everything in my life with this girl is in reverse order? I f***ing mafia man am being forced by a senseless girl and surprisingly I am resisting the offer when I am the one who had great experience when it comes to the bedroom activities.

"Look Zinnia, you said you can only hug me naked once we get married, right. We are not married now so I cannot break the promise I made to myself that I would fulfill your every wish." I tried to guilt trip her and paint a little emotional drama.

I know very well how much marriage matters to her and I also very well know that this argument, I am winning it. She was just driven by emotion earlier. She has a mentality of conservative woman so I bet my head on it that she will retreat from the original plan of feeling up each other skin in bed.

Zinnia feel in thought and nodded her head slightly as if realization is finally making it's way to her door.

"You are correct Mr. Monk. I cannot do it. You are right." She murmured to herself and shook her head as if the dawn of understanding is finally setting in.

Thank heavens she's listening to me for once. Today is worth celebration. Should I say, I am a lucky man?

"Exactly. Now go to bed, it's already past midnight." I pushed her towards the bed so I can have some peace time once she drifts into the sleep.

It was a weird day today and I am still under the effect of today's happenings. Maybe a good sleep can patch up the cracks of my ego from today's dent.

"No wait; I have a surprise for you. Wait here for me ten minutes and I will be back." She kissed my cheek and tried... tried to be shy god knows why she tried all the dramatic stuff. If she doesn't feel that shy, then she need not. Why trying all the absurd stuff they show on TV?

But the main concern right now is her surprise.

My body suddenly froze and my hands shivered in terror. My legs lost its power and my eyes lost its focus.

Zinnia + surprise = My doom

I don't like this idea of surprise from her. Normal Zinnia is already an unexpected bombshell, I wonder how dangerous her actual surprise would be.