Chapter 3: Giselle and Bathilde

Chester brought me home and gave me a peck in the lips before leaving and as I opened the door I smelled pancakes so I went to the kitchen and saw my dad cooking.

"Oh my princess is home." He gladly greeted and then he went to hug me and kissed me on the forehead before going back to cooking

"Where's mom?"

"You're mom is still on school teaching."

My mom was a former actress and she decided to retire as soon as she got married to my dad. She then had an invitation to teach acting in Theatre while my dad has an online job where has to submit documents. My parents are good in budgeting money so we're secured and I am pretty sure even when there's an emergency, we'll be fine.

"I'll have my snack later. You know, -"

"You still have things to write. I'll just take your snack to your room."

"I'm guessing my brother is playing games at his room." My dad chuckled. "Yep."

I then went to my room and put just put my things on the floor since my body is craving for my bed. I lied down and closed my eyes.

Damn, why is my body aching right now? Maybe because I lifted Laura? I know I'm tall and a bit of an extra-weight but being able to lift someone? Maybe she's not human? She has this power that could mesmerize a person or maybe I'm just going insane?

I gave a deep exhale because my ideas are crazy and I didn't even know that I dance exactly like Prince Siegfried. I mean sure, Swan Lake was once my favorite ballet performance and I have watched it a million times but to actually do it? I mean I did copied his dance once and I did try to learn the male parts and the male dance but I never really made it that far or maybe this is what they call muscle memory? It's the most logical thing right now but how was I even able to move? I mean my muscles are still quite in trauma. How is it even instantly lifted?

I fell asleep.

I saw myself in the stage in front of a lot of people. I was dressed as Willis from Giselle and was standing near the Queen of Willis name Mrytha dancing followed by the other Willis. I was surprised to see Laura as the Queen of Willis

The Willis are ghostly spirits of maidens that was betrayed by their lovers. Most of there were abandoned on their wedding days and all died of broken hearts.

I saw Giselle, who looks like Bliss, awoken from her grave by Queen Myrtha. She was a graceful dancer and finally, it had come to the point where Albrecht was grieving and I was surprised that he looks like Chester.

Queen Myrtha and the other Willis along with me were somewhere behind the trees. I felt Queen Myrtha put her right hand on my left shoulder and when I faced her she was grieving. Not because Giselle can't be with Albrecht ... it felt like she knew that it's Chester and Bliss.

My eyebrows furrowed and she spoke "Bathilde, he may have bethrothed you or had seen you first but his hear lies in someone else." I saw myself dressed as Bathilde.

I woke up and I don't know why I felt exhausted as if I really danced. I wanted to sleep more but I have to get ready for school. I saw a text that Chester won't be able to pick me up so after doing my morning routine and getting fully ready - my dad took me to school. I felt like a walking zombie and I'm just thankful that Chester and I have a different course.

After the class, I saw Chester waiting outside the room and hugged him.

"Baby? What's wrong?" He worriedly asked but I didn't budge. I just wanted feel him. His touch and his warmth. I let go of the hug and gave him a peck.

"I missed you." I said as I buried myself in his chest once again while we were walking on the hallway, I saw Bliss and she smiled at me so I smiled at her. I felt Chester's hand tightened on mine and I felt like my heart was squeezed.

Maybe I am Bathilde someone that's he is forced to be with but I wouldn't know, right? I mean it's just a dream?

We arrived at the canteen and we ordered together. Food is the only comfort I have at this moment.

I was surprised when Chester grabbed my food and he seriously looked at me.

"Kathy, I know there's something wrong." He maybe serious but there's a hint of worry in his eyes and I sighed.

I told him about my whole dream and he went to my side and hugged me. He even rested his head on mine, "Baby, I love you so much and I know you know that."

I let go of the hug and looked at him "I know. Maybe a lot of things are just in my mind right now." I said and then we heard some loud thud.

We saw someone bumped Bliss and there were some stains in her clothes. I stood and ran to her.

"Are you okay?" I asked and she gave me a small smile and nodded.

"Bad day, I guess." She replied and I was about to help her get her things but Chester grabbed my arm and he quietly helped her.

"Thank you, Kath and Chester." She said when she got her things.

"Do you have any extra clothes?" I worriedly asked.

"She always has extra-clothes, Love." Chester dryly said while she was looking at Bliss and I felt like he hasn't moved on.

"Y-yeah. Of course, I mean what kind of a dancer that doesn't have any extra-clothes, right?" She awkwardly joked. She doesn't have any.

I'm guessing she forgot it. She may have her dancing clothes but I think she had used it earlier and now all she have is her casual.

"I have my P.E. uniform in my locker." I said and when I looked at Chester, he was confused and in disbelief.

"Oh no. I really do have extra-clothes." She said and looks like she doesn't want to make things complicated between me and Chester but still.

"Bliss, it's okay." I said and the three of us went to my locker. I handed my P.E. uniform to Bliss and she shyly thanked me.

"We're usually at the library and at the canteen." I told her.

"Thank you so much, Kath." She said and hugged me before leaving. Chester was going to take me to the other class and he hasn't spoken a word since. He probably didn't want me to help Bliss.

"Chester." I called as I stopped walking and he faced me with a questioning look.

"Kath, you were already bothered by your dream and you just came running to her to help her. I know it's been in your nature to help people whenever you can and you'd already been in an accident by what? Pulling the wheel of the driver away from the accident? He suffered a less serious injury. And -"

I hugged him tight. I didn't know it would trigger something in him and I know that I do love helping people whenever I can but the accident was an accident. I never knew that my legs would be hit hard. I couldn't foresee the consequences. I never wanted it to happen but it just happened. I may not understand what he is thinking right now but I do know that he is worried and hurting.

"I'm sorry but you can't be hard on yourself. You made wonderful memories with her, too. You just can't treat her like that. - like she's a stranger. She is nobody to you and I know you already have me as your girlfriend but jut because of that. Of everything - you can't treat her like she isn't someone who was important to you." I felt his hug tightened and I am afraid, right now.

Afraid of what's the effect of my words to him and I know he would change his attitude towards Bliss after sometime now but I don't think I'd be ready to face the possibilities. Bliss and I have a lot of common, too and that is why I am afraid.

I saw her dance once and she's more of a Giselle than me. I'm not ready to let go.

"I'm sorry, Kathrose. I'm just so worried. You're hurting whenever Bliss is there. I know you're afraid and I can't risk." He said almost whispering and he tightened the hug.

"Hey, I am done with my Psychotherapy, aren't I? I won't breakdown." I said. I won't breakdown that easily. No matter what happens.

"You will always be my love and my Goddess." He said and this hug feels so warm.