Chapter 4: Dress Rehearsal

I went to the Fashion Design building where Chester is and I saw him seriously talking to one of his classmates named Clara who is also an acquaintance of mine. She did help me a few times in dressing up for my date with Chester.

There isn't much a lot of guys in the fashion design since there's still some misconception about guys designing clothes, especially when it comes to parents. But then again Chester's mom is just too busy to care about the course he's going to take. I was about to go inside when someone passed by me and it turns out that it was Laura. 

She isn't suppose to be here, isn't she? Out of curiosity, I went and approached them.

"Hi, Love." Chester greeted me and kissed me on my forehead.

"Long time no see, Kath." Clara greeted and the reason behind of us not hanging out much is because Clara has a lot of projects and events going on since she's the ace student in this field. 

"Clara! You haven't seen me yet?" Laura butted in and looks like Clara and Laura knows each other.

"You guys are working on a design?" I ignored Laura on purpose since she just might comment something that I would want to hear and causing such ruckus is the first thing that I would want to avoid. 

"Yeah but you see, we're having quite problems with these designs." Chester spread the sketch and honestly, I am astounded by their designs. Especially the gowns, I mean they look like their out of the world. 

"Yeah, it looks kind of  boring." Laura commented and I am ready to hit her face anytime now. 

Chester is in disbelief while Clara stayed focused on the sketch. It doesn't have colors yet so of course it would look bland at  first. 

"So this is for the Monthly Fashion?" I asked.

"Yeah and we're kind of having trouble with the colors since our opinion are clashing." Clara answered and Chester seemed to agree with her. 

Chester and I were surprised when Laura grabbed the papers but Clara was not as if she's already used to Laura doing such thing. 

"Well, pour burgundy on these, some jasper with these maybe with a light fire color as like a highlight. A jewel zircon color on this one maybe with bit of sapphire jewel? Light orange with a combination of yellow. This one, oriental jade and I do imagine how naturalistic this design would look like. The other, probably carnelian and peridot or any other colors that is related to what I have mentioned." 

I find it utterly absurd of how she just put the sketch down and tell them what color they should use for the design. I mean who the hell she is to do that thing? I mean Clara and Chester never even asked for her opinion but then again who am I to judge? I don't even know what's a peridot. 

I looked at Chester who seemed to be thinking Laura's suggestion and  Clara seemed pleased with the suggestion. 

"I didn't know you have a knack for these kind of things." Laura just smirked at Chester's compliment and I saw Clara's smile grew. 

"Oh well that's what it takes to have the reputation as the mad hatter, doesn't it, Laura?" Clara said and Laura took something off on her head as if  she was wearing a hat and then she bowed. 

She faced me while bowing and winked at me and after that she stood straight and walked away. She got a lot of angst in her or you could just say she's quite proud. 

I was standing quietly next to Chester while his meeting with Clara continuous and in the middle of it, Bliss came in and was greeted by Clara.

'Bliss! You came." Clara exclaimed as she hugged Bliss who seemed glad being reunited with Clara once again. This is such a small world.