26

The raven-haired boy is caught off-guard when you suddenly flick him on the forehead. The unexpected contact sends him into a trance, and you take the opportunity to push him off and head towards the exit.

Despite the abruptness of your departure, you can't help but exchange a few more words before leaving.

"Where do you think you're going?" He calls out, eyes narrowing at you.

"Anywhere but here. Make sure Jisung eats his dinner. You can do something as simple as that, right?"

He rolls his eyes in annoyance, but this only spurs you on further. You pull on your shoes and quickly slip out the door, closing it behind you.

Your parents may have raised you to be a patient and obedient child, but you know that some things simply cannot be condoned.

You take a few deep breaths of fresh air before walking towards the direction of a bus stop.

Aimen didn't even bother asking why you showed up in front of her house at eight in the evening and simply brought you in like she was expecting you.

After having dinner with her mother, Aimen brings you to her room and hands you her clothes.

You feel refreshed after taking a shower and you notice your uniform isn't in the laundry basket. Aimen enters the room and as if she can read your mind, she says. "It's in the laundry room."

You nod your head.

"So, are we not gonna talk about why you're here or? Cause I'm cool if you don't want to." She pats the space beside the bed, ushering you to get in the covers with her.

"Jungkook was being a jerk."

"Ah yeah. Mentioning a guy's name while you're in bed with me—totally not jealous."

That's just her way of lighting up the mood. "So what happened?"

Just the mere thought makes you feel nauseated. "You know what? I don't even want to talk about it." You lay your head on the pillow. "Let's just go to sleep."

The Following Day

The air is filled with the constant chatter of students, their voices rising above the clanging of forks and spoons as they eat their lunch.

The smell of food fills the room as different smells intermingle, creating a dizzying aroma that makes your head spin.

Even as you sit there, eating your food, you can't help but feel a little overwhelmed by the constant noise and movement around you.

It's an onslaught on your senses, and you realize just how much you've taken the silence of your own home for granted.

Jimin snaps his fingers inches away from the brunette's face, generating an audible click that wakes them up from their stupor. "Take a picture why don't you. It'll last longer."

In return, he's given a deadly glare.

"What? I'm just saying. If you want to keep staring at Y/n, then take a picture."

"I wasn't staring." Says the person who just stabbed a fork in their juice box. Realizing this, his face screws in disgust.

"You've been awfully quiet since you arrived. Did something happen between you two?"

"What makes you think that?"

"I don't know. Maybe because you can't seem to stop looking at her? Oh, and how you almost followed her to the girl's restroom this morning? Remember that?"

"How many times do I have to say it? I thought she was Kira."

"Right. And you can't tell the difference between your girlfriend's curly hair and Y/n's straight hair." Obvious mockery is evident in every word Jimin says. "Come on, kook. I'm your bestfriend. I can tell when something's bothering you. You don't have to hide anything from me."

The smirk plastered on Jungkook's face is an indicative that he'll keep what he knows to himself. "I know. I'll see you later."

"Oh, come on. I can't be the only one who thinks he's hot. You're with me on this right, Aimen?"

"Have you not seen the guy? He's literally been with ninety percent of the girls in this school."

Hazel giggles, waving a hand across her face. "Don't tell me you believe those baseless rumors?"

A look of concern stays present all over yours and Aimen's face.

Of course, it's normal for her to talk about him. But she used to do it on occasions only. However, as of late, there seems to be a development of an unhealthy fixation.

Aimen once caught her leaving chocolate in his locker.

You found a bunch of love letters in his house with her name on it.

"Oh, Hazel." You reach a hand forward, caressing the softness of her locks. If anyone dared to mess with this sweet, little lamb, they'll never hear the end of it. "My dear, dear Hazel."

Then you grab a fistful of her hair and tug.

"Hey!" She shrieks and you let go. "What was that for?!"

"A wake up call." You warn her. "Don't get easily swayed by him just because you think he's hot. Knowing Jungkook, he'll do anything to boost his ego."

Like a child getting scolded, she forms her lips into a pout and mumbles. "I know what I'm doing though."

It's almost sad hearing her say that even after everything you've told her about Jungkook. Sighing, you grab your bag and leave the canteen.

Even from a distance, you can shape out the familiar figure leaning against a locker.

Your locker.

He fixes his posture, towering over you when you're finally in front of him.

"Move."

"Where were you last night?"

"I'm not telling you."

"Yeah?" With hooded eyes that hold no clear intentions, he takes a step forward." I got into trouble because of you, you know."

If he wants to start another petty argument, then he won't get one today.

"Answer me when I'm talking to you, damn it."

In an effort to avoid causing a scene, you walk past him. Several sets of eyes were already looking this way, sensing that something was amiss.

Suddenly he rips your bag off your shoulder and your attention instantly shifts to the sound of objects falling.

As you glance down, you realize all the contents of your bag are now scattered across the floor.

What the hell is wrong with him?

Your fists glow a shade of white as Jungkook leans to whisper against your ear.

"Next time I ask you something. Don't ignore me." He shoves the empty bag against your chest and walks away.