27

The event of hours ago still lingers fresh in your mind. The pool of humiliation you felt after he left still rushes through the lumen of your blood vessels.

When Aimen heard what had happened, you swear the fire in her eyes could send anyone six feet under.

Now to get your mind off of what happened, she decides to bring you to the new gym.

Chances of running into Jungkook there is slim—she assured.

Entering the massive room, you're amazed by the unfamiliar interior. It's much bigger than the old one.

"I thought no one was allowed to use this room." You can't help but say as you glide through the glossy flooring.

It's even shinier than your future.

"I thought so too." She guides you to the stands that shows a perfect view of the players. "No one usually comes here though since it's just a bunch of newbies training."

The ball dribbles across the floor, skillfully navigated by a player wearing a white shirt and a bandana.

And he scores.

Cheers echo from the group of girls situated at the front row. Aimen's right. Only a few students came to the watch the practice.

A particular player captures your attention. "When did Jimin join the team?"

"A while. You're just too distracted by a certain someone to notice that."

Applause resonates once more as Jimin dunks the ball. The coach's evaluating his players on the sides but the intensity in his eyes is enough to bring a shiver down anyone's spine.

"Is the floor too hot for you? Get up!"

"You call that defense? If the other team were a cat, you'd be their scratching pole!"

"Attaboy, Park!" Clearly, he has a favorite.

You wouldn't want to be in any of their shoes though. As the practice progresses, the gym's slowly gaining viewers. The audience has gone from a handful, to almost ten times the number.

Time's finally up and the players have gathered together on the bleachers.

"I thought you said no one ever comes here?"

"Hey, what day is it?"

"Wednesday."

"Oh, so it's today." She says. "Every month on Wednesday the coach assesses the new players' skills by having them compete with the varsity team. They were devoured last time and it was hilarious."

That explains the sudden crowd. The long awaited team enters the gym and as if it was some real game, everyone's screaming.

There are even banners held up high.

The two teams meet in the middle, each players in position. As the ball is then thrown in the air, the player in the center jumps up and passes the ball to the next player.

It doesn't take long before the game becomes intense.

"They've improved." Aimen comments on the newbies.

The cheers get louder when the ball is then passed to Jungkook.

Easily avoiding the opponent, he glides himself across the floor. And just before anyone can slap the ball away from him, he jumps and shoots from behind the three-point line.

The crowds go wild when he scores for his team.

"I think I'll go ahead. It's getting quite late. There's no point staying here if you're gonna keep seeing his face.

An apologetic look crosses her features. "I'm sorry. I didn't know he was gonna be here."

"It's fine." You assure her. "I'll see you tomorrow."

-

Mom's making you deliver a container of her homemade kimchi and other dishes to the house across from yours.

Knowing that his parents aren't home yet, you let yourself in and go straight to the kitchen.

You turn to put away the kimchi and nearly feel your soul leave your body as you turn around.

There he stands. The bane to your existence.

"Holy crap. Don't sneak up on people like that."

Jungkook raises an eyebrow. "Then maybe you shouldn't sneak into people's houses?"

"I just came to drop this off."

He captures your wrist just as you pass him and easily pulls you back. You collide to his chest and feel his breath brush the side of your face.

Annoyed, you attempt to yourself free. "What the he-"

"You were at practice earlier." He starts off. "Was it because of Jimin?"

"No, and even if it wa-hey!"

The grip he has on you tightens to the point it brings a tear beside your eyes. He lets go by pushing you so that your side hits the counter.

And it fucking hurts.

Verbal insults were a normal part of life growing up. Barely any harm was inflicted the other. Guess that now isn't enough for him. And it's scary.

You take a deep breath, fixing your posture. No sign of remorse is seen on his face. If anything, it's as if he's ready to do it again.

"You know, I've been patient with you for as long as I can remember. I've let you pushed me around and insult me because deep down I thought one day, you'll realize what you're doing and change. But no. I was wrong. Everyday, you become even worse."

"You're one to talk. Isn't this what you do? I'm just following along." Confusion contours your face.

"What are you talking about."

"Don't play dumb with me, Y/n. You should know by now that I'm only doing this to get back at you for what you did to Kira.