31

It was around recess when you decided to visit the rooftop after so long. However, the scene that awaited you was shocking.

He had her pinned against the wall while her hands ran through his hair. Their lips were locked as lewed noises met your ears.

The familiarity of the person hovering over the petite girl made you slowly back away in hopes they wouldn't realize you were there.

But before you turned away, you caught a glimpse of the person who managed to capture Jungkook's attention.

And it made your stomach churn.

Hazel.

You met Aimen by the locker and told her what you saw. She found it hard to believe at first but eventually caved in.

"Where are you going?"

"I'm gonna go beat some sense into her." You hold her by the arm. She may look calm on the outside but you know she's boiling with frustration.

"Remember what happened when you tried to warn her though? She cut the both of us off." You remind her. "You'd have to do more than beat her up if you want to get through her head."

After giving it a good thought, Aimen sighs and you let her go. "So you're saying we should just let her be."

Jungkook's reputation with girl's widely known in this school. When he finds someone, he entertains them, they entertain him and once he's bored, he cuts it off.

It concerning how they still want to have a chance with him given his reputation.

It didn't even last long with Kira. And she wasn't someone he recently met. He knew her since before.

Aimen understand what you're trying to say. It's hard to change someone's mind if they're stubborn and won't listen to reason. You're telling her to let her be and she'll eventually realize that you guys were right.

It's been a week since you found the two having a make out session on the rooftop.

And within that week, you found yourself constantly witnessing them being all over each other.

Fortunately, you'd only accidentally walk in on them making out and nothing more.

"I can't wait to get out of this hell hole." Aimen mumbles, running a hand through her hair.

"You and me both."

"We should get to class." Nodding, you walk side by side with her and proceed to the classroom.

Minutes turned to hours and before you know it, it was time to leave. Aimen gives you a side hug and enters the car parked in front of the building.

Just as it leaves, a black shiny motorcycle halts right in front of you. The person takes their helmet off and you're greeted by a pair of familiar obsidian.

Jungkook pushes a helmet on your chest. "Hop on." He says absentmindedly, fixing his riding gloves.

The scenes you've witnessed thus far plays at the back of your head and your fingertip taps the outline of the helmet. You poke the inside of your cheek, and place the helmet on the empty space between him and the front fork, above the area of the fuel tank.

"No thanks." Instead of leaving, you cross your arms and debate whether to say what's in your chest or just leave.

His gaze switches from the helmet to meet yours. "What's wrong?"

"A lot. It's just that-" He suddenly hops off the motorcycle, and leans against it, facing you with arms crossed over his chest.

"Yes?"

"It's nothing. Just forget I said anything. "You say instead. "I'll see you never."

He doesn't exactly let you go though.

He easily drags you back by the arm to where you stood. When he fixes his posture, he towers over your figure.

"If it's nothing then let me take you home."

The sudden softness of his tone brings a shiver down your spine.

"Are you sick?"

Due to the proximity, you can see that his eyes are more dilated than usual. And it's not staying still.

His keeps flickering around the features of your face, as if searching for something.

When he takes a step forward, you inclined to take a step back because he's scaring you a little.

"Maybe." He whispers as his gaze suddenly lands on your lips.

"Kookie!"

You don't know whether to be thankful or concerned when Hazel runs to cling to his arm.

"Y/n!" She lets go momentarily to squeeze in a hug. "Guess what? Jungkook and I are going out!"

An artificial smile takes over your lips. "I'm so happy for you."

Anyone can see that's a fat lie and you just want to be anywhere but here. But Hazel's an exception.

Her glow is something else. You've never seen her this happy before.

You can't help but feel worried for her.

Jungkook clears his throat, capturing both your attention.

She returns to his side and pouts. "I've been trying to call you but you weren't picking up."

"My phone's in my bag."

"Oh okay. Anyway, should we go at my place? My parents aren't home so you know."

And that's my cue to leave.

He suddenly looks at you and you take a step back, almost like you're horrified. "Ah zel. I'll go ahead."

Hazel's eyes sparkle as she looks at you. "Take care, Y/n! See you tomorrow."

Speed-walking away from the two, you make it to the bus stand in less than five minutes. Usually it'd take ten minutes to get there by walking normally.

Hazel and Jungkook together.

That'll take some time getting used to if you're being honest.

You make it home and take a shower, changing into comfortable clothes.

For the next two hours, you try to get some school work done.

Mom and dad aren't home and you have the house to yourself for the next three days.

After scribbling the last sentence, you set the pen down and stretch your arms upwards.

You check the time. 7:30

Standing, you exit your room and go to the kitchen to heat up dinner.

Mom made your favorite lasagna and while waiting for the microwave to work its magic, you head to the living room and fill the room with your favorite music.

The loud beats bounce through the walls and you sing and dance along to the lyrics, enjoying every second of it.

So much that you don't notice a certain someone leaning against the wall, watching you closely.