29

As you slowly come to awareness, your eyes flutter open and the familiar patterns of the ceiling greets you. The television screen continues to flash images on mute as the warm glow cast a soft light across the room.

The darkness outside the window gives further proof that you had slept for a decent amount of time. You take a deep breath, taking a moment to adjust to the world around you, before getting up to stretch your tired muscles.

That's strange. You don't remember falling asleep with a blanket.

Oh well.

As you approach the crib and glance down, panic immediately floods you.

Where's the baby?

You begin looking everywhere in the living room and yet find no sign of him. Just as you're about to run upstairs, Jungkook enters the living room with Jaeden in his arms.

"Oh thank God you're alright." Letting out a heavy sigh of relief, you grab unto Jungkook's shoulders as you attempt to catch your breath and calm your pacing heart, face down.

He raises an eyebrow. "What's up with you?"

You spent the last three minutes searching for the baby. As someone who had just woken up from a nap to later find out the child they're suppose to take care of is missing, it felt as though your soul had left.

Your brain was just in the process of waking up.

Jaeden ends up grabbing a fistful of your hair and you wince from the pain.

"Ow ow ow."

You won't blame him though. You were literally shoving your head against him. The little guy saw the opportunity and took it.

You manage to find his hands amidst the pain of your hair being yanked.

"Ok, that's enough buddy." All attempts to let yourself free are in vain. His fingers are hard as a brick. As if enjoying your misery, Jaeden erupts with laughters and giddy-ups your hair as if he was riding a horse.

"Hey-"

"Let's go sit over there." Jungkook eventually speaks up. He brings you to the couch and has you sit down. After setting Jaeden on the couch, he works to remove the little hands off you. The baby wasn't having it at first. And he threw a fuss.

Jungkook was able to help you get loose finally.

But at what cost?

Jaeden ends up throwing a tantrum and all his brother can do is stare.

It's the type of behavior he's never seen before.

"What are you doing? Pick him up." You say to him when you notice he wasn't doing anything. Your hair's full of knots so you're trying to fix that.

Just as he touches both sides of Jaeden, his cries increases causing Jungkook to flinch away like he's been electrocuted.

It's your first time seeing him confused and terrified all at the same time.

"Why's he crying?!"

Why's he panicking?

You've had your fair share babysitting Jaeden so this isn't all that new to you. You're just a little surprised that his own brother isn't used to this.