Chapter 18 | Breaker

After hanging up that call, you went straight back to the company which was a bit of a journey from the boy's dorm. The train ride wasn't too long since you were stuck in your own head with earphones plugged in. Your mind replay to the moment you left them.

"What about England?" Chan asked while Felix didn't dare to start on that

"I need to go back to the company. It's urgent." You grabbed your coat and slipped your boots on.

"Y/N! Call-" you shut the door nearly in his face

You just went to a practise room as soon as you entered the building. Threw your coat,scarf, bag and boots across the room.
Not forgetting to toss your barrette on the pile.

Your mind was once again back to that familiar state. Thoughts and assumptions rummaging through, your brain cells having a major meltdown.

You rubbed your tired eyes and temples, why once something have been figured out, more always has to be piled on.

Frustration got to the best of you, and that led you to do angry dancing. Proper powerful turns and steps, yet they always do look well put together.

You played a random song and danced your feet off, not caring how hard you were huffing and sweating, you continued until your feet burned, emotions raging inside you.

You stared at your reflection. Who's that?
You don't recognise yourself, naturally thick brows are all over the place, stray hairs grown out at the ends, your hair was frizzy, the hair dye gotten lighter, your natural brown hair has grown out a lot, seeing the so called gradient effect the stylist was rambling about showing.

You just wouldn't believe it. Life sucks at this point, this trainee thing going down the drain?
You heard your phone buzz again, eyes not even taking a look and just chucked it into a corner. Quite sure the screen had cracked a bit, good thing you had a glass protector on.

A soft yet powerful song played, you stared down at yourself in the mirror, hand place on the cold piece of glass, eyes full of rage and determination. You danced right in front of the mirrored wall, hand running along, pushing yourself off the wall to spin and reconnected your palms to your reflection. This whole modern dance was as if you're challenging yourself, as if you were about to start a fight with yourself.

The emotion showed was crystal clear. Now it was pure anger.

Not at the phone call but at yourself. Why couldn't you have done better. There were so many opportunities in front of you yet you didn't take either. Sixteen was a great chance for you, you would've became a member of Twice, yet backed out due to lack of confidence.

Produce 101, you were invited by Somi to join, yet you weren't approved by staff due to an ankle injury. They said trainees need to minimise the amount of injuries. Somi debuted as centre and had major success with IOI. You could've been part of that, at least gaining experience, even possibility debuting with Somi as a duo, or maybe the sister group of 15&. Jimin would be well happy about that.

You're phone rang again, you saw the caller ID from the mirror's reflection. You were fuming at this point, tears unknowingly blurred your vision, you raised your fist and punch the mirror.

A hand with a hard grip held tight to your hand. It was barley an inch away from the glass.

That hand was pale and warm, but it was shaking, veins popping because of the hard painful grip on your hand.

You blinked and tears fell along your cheek, cheeks already rosy red. You stared into the reflection, his eyes were full of sadness and desperation, a hint of sorrow somewhere in them.