13.

Baekhyun's POV

My feelings for Chanyeol were quite unclear for me to understand. He sure was a very close friend of mine, but, there was something stronger, something that I couldn't comprehend or explain. It wasn't love, we weren't all lovey-dovey like lovers would tend to be. But it wasn't friendship either.

Nevertheless, we both ended on the same bed that night. The next day, I really couldn't remember what we did, or what we wanted to do, but when I woke up, we were both lying on his bed.
When I opened my eyes, all I could remember was a few movie scenes and that kiss. I really wasn't sure about the rest.
I turned my head a little and saw Chanyeol, asleep. He looked so innocent. I smiled before stroking his messy hair. And his skin was so soft. I loved it.
I kissed his cheek before getting up. I had to work, sadly.

I thought he wouldn't mind if I used his bathroom so I took my underwear off before having a cold shower. And I remembered everything.
When I got out, I saw our clothes on the floor. I collected mine before silently closing his door and going into my room.

I really didn't know how this night would change our relationship, but I decided to shrug it off, and to kind of forget it.

"It was just a one time thing," I told myself as I started dressing up. "Chanyeol is used to flirting and seducing people. And we were both drunk. It wasn't that serious. Forget it, Baekhyun. He won't even remember once he wakes up."

I nodded and headed to the kitchen in order to have a breakfast.

┉┉┉┉┉

My coffee tasted bitter that morning, so I poured some milk in my cup. I grabbed a sandwich and called a taxi.

It was raining. Thunder was rolling and there was so much wind. "What a nice day..."
My taxi arrived a bit late but the driver apologised so I let it go.

Once he started driving, I realised there was indeed a traffic jam in town. I was really going to be late.

"Oh god...
- Don't worry sir, I'll try to avoid this for you to arrive just in time."

I took a look at my watch. I was indeed going to get scolded.

┉┉┉┉┉

I arrived a few minutes late and apologised to my boss.

"Mr. Byun, you're late.
- I'm sorry, Mr. Choi. There was a huge traffic jam and I tried my best to come in time.
- It's okay, just this once.
- Thank you sir."

I bowed.

"Well, I didn't come to scold you actually, I wanted to give you an important task.
- Sure, what is it?
- This."

He gave me a folder.

"This is the case of a VIC. Very important client. I want you to read it carefully and to sum everything up. Then you'll have to suggest a solution within the law. I need this tomorrow morning.
- Got it.
- I count on you. I didn't tell Mr. Do about this, this is a task I'm giving to you only.
- I'll do my best, Mr. Choi."

He bowed lightly before leaving.

"Well, great..." I mumbled before opening the folder.
This case was indeed quite complicated. I started reading it and taking a few notes.