16.

Baekhyun's POV

"Will you marry me?"

I blinked. What did he just say?

"Byun Baekhyun, will you marry me, Park Chanyeol, and become my husband?" he repeated.

My brain stopped functioning for a few seconds. He was looking at me, seriously, so I really started to freak out.

"Wait, Chan, you can't be serious...
- I totally am. I want you to marry me."

He raised an eyebrow, waiting for my answer.

What is happening to him? Why would he ask such a thing?

"But, Chanyeol, we're already married.
- But you want us divorced? Plus, I want you to marry me for real. Not just for the house."

I was heavy breathing. So many things were stressing me out at that moment. I ran a hand through my hair.

"We aren't even dating. We aren't even—
- What? Lovers? Who cares, we have mutual feelings, right? I want you to stay in that house.
- I don't know..."

I looked down, confused. It was so sudden and unexpected.

"Baek, just look into my eyes and tell me you don't feel anything for me.
- I...
- Tell it, and I will let go."

I looked up, and drowned into his deep gaze. His eyes were doing that thing again, they were sparkling. And at this exact moment, I realised how bad I had fallen for him. Everything about him was just beautiful. And I just couldn't answer.

"So?" he asked with an adorable smile.

I shook my head, touché.

"I can't tell you that."

He then got up.

"So what's the problem?
- Chanyeol. We haven't gone on a date once.
- We did: we often eat out, we go watch films...
- But have you called a single one of those outings a "date"? No, it was just, friendly. As in "friends"."

He put a hand on my shoulder and got closer.

"And what about all those moments we shared. Those confusing, but still very pleasurable moments?
- Maybe it was just a fling?" I said after gulping.

With the other hand, he started stroking my hair.

"And those stares. All this touch. What does that mean to you?"

I closed my eyes.

Damn, Chanyeol.

"We fight a lot, but we seem to always come back to each other. To find the right way to communicate. This is how we build a relationship. I know, it's crazy to ask you such a thing. Maybe we haven't had enough moments together yet, maybe we're not meant to be, maybe we're afraid because yes, this is so fucking scary to marry a man and to announce to thousands of people that I'm marrying my fake best friend. But who cares? Who cares, Baekhyun? Fuck criticism. Fuck all of this. Baek, we have the opportunity to try something new, something dangerous and risky. Marrying each other would mean discovering new sides of ourselves, knowing about each other more, rediscovering love. If you leave me now, I know I'm going to regret this all my life. To regret I couldn't get the man of my dreams, confess to him about my feelings. I would blame myself for years for not having been able to tell you this. Because maybe we're soulmates. Who knows?" he took a breath.