Space Ship

When Steve Rogers recruited me to fight against Tony Stark and help keep freedom for superpowered people, I never thought that Stark would have a Spider-Being on his side as well. I never expected the two of us to be the same age. I never thought that the two of us would hit things off after the battle and I never imagined that Tony Stark would take me in, giving me a place to stay, or a home. But all that happened and I still can't believe it. Peter, or as he likes to call himself Spider-Man, and I quickly became friends when Stark enrolled me in Midtown Public High School. I think Stark planned on the two of us getting along and working together during our time outside of school. Peter's friend Ned was a nice guy as well, the three of us being almost inseparable.

Ned was Peter's Man in the Chair, as he called it, and was soon the Man in the Chair for both of us. We were a team, our own off-brand Avengers, since Stark wouldn't let Peter or I take part in any large-scale missions. Rumors that Peter and I were together swirled around the school, started when I enrolled. Since the two of us already know one another, we immediately started spending time together so I guess that makes sense, but Peter is in love with Michelle, and rightfully so, I mean she is beautiful and sassy. But with all the time we spend together, I couldn't help but develop a slight crush on Peter myself.

Today we were on a school field trip to MoMA. Peter and I are playing on our phones, while Ned is listening to music in the seat in front of us. But as we make our way across a bridge Peter and I notice something is off. I look up to Peter, who looks back at me with a worried expression painted on his face. "Do you feel that?"

I nod, "yeah," the two of us turn to look out the window. As we do, we see what looks like a ring spaceship out the window.

As I stare out the window as Peter reaches forward, tapping Ned's face. "Ned, hey. We need you to cause a distraction."

Ned turns to us taking out his earbuds, confused until he sees the ship. "Holy shit." he whispers softly before standing and shouting, "We're all gonna die!" Ned rushes toward the back of the bus, "There's a spaceship!" As he shouts and runs, the other students follow to see the spaceship.

Peter and I quickly slide on our web shooters and Peter webs the emergency exit lever on the opposite side of the bus. As we grab our things, making sure we have everything, Stan, our bus driver scoffs, "What's the matter with you kids? Never seen a space ship before?"

Peter and I jump out of the window, clinging to the side of the bus, and pulling our masks on before leaping off the bus and over part of the bridge, shooting web lines and swinging free, hurrying toward the ship. As we swing down, Peter swings low enough to run his hand through the water, "really?" I shake my head as we continue.

"Why not? You know you gotta lighten up, Gwen. Quit being so serious all the time."

"One of us has to."

"Yeah, I guess you're right about that."

As Peter and I approach the ship, we see Dr. Banner flying into a tree, one of Tony's energy beam slicing the tree down, barely missing Banner. Banner crawls out from under the branches, desperate and confused, "Come on, Hulk. What are you doing to me?" Banner begins slapping himself in the face, multiple times. "Come out! Come out! Come out!"

Only half of Banner's face turns into the Hulk, "No!!!"

Banner falls back exhausted into his tree. "What do you mean, 'no'?"

I run up to Banner, "Dr. Banner, are you okay?"

"Who are you?" He looks up to me confused.

"I'm Gwen Stacey, it's nice to meet you, sir."

"It's nice to meet you too, but... but what are you doing here?"

I look over to see Stark being kicked down by a large crocodile looking monster, who is swinging down a very large hammer, but as he swings down, Peter catches the hammer, saving Stark. "Hey, man. What's up, Mr. Stark?"

"Kids," Stark looks from Peter then back to me, the two of us now in our full costumes, having quickly changed on the way. "Where'd you come from?"

"Field trip to the MoMA," Peter comments before being grabbed and thrown by the alien in front of him.

I shot a web, catching Peter so he doesn't fly too far away, before jump next to Stark, fighting beside him and Peter, "What's this guy's problem, Mr. Stark?"

"He's from space." Stark explains, sounding a bit less than thrilled Peter and I are there. "He came here to steal a necklace from a wizard." The three of us fight the alien to the best of our ability. Whenever he is distracted by one of the others, we take the opportunity and attack. Peter and I even catch the back half of a taxi cab and throw it back at the alien, who had thrown it a Stark. As we continue to fight, something flies past us, it appears to be a person, but it is moving too fast for me to get a good look. "Kids, that's the wizard. Get on him."

"Got it!" Peter and I speak in unison, before chasing after the 'wizard' and the alien that is chasing him.

We follow the alien, who is floating speedily and upright on a small platform of burbling debris leaving a deep rut in the street. When he realises we're following him he throws a Rocket Mortgage billboard at the two of us, trying to get rid of us. I dodge the billboard, being a little lower than Peter. But Peter takes is head on, yelping as he falls back.

"Peter?" I call out, turning my head.

Peter jumps off the billboard as it flips. "Not cool!" As we continue our chase, the alien bends all the utility poles in the path of the fleeing Cloak, finally snagging the loyal garment and ripping it loose of its master. Peter scoops up the man who had been wrapped in the Cloak before he hits the pavement, but before we can get away with the unconscious man, a cone of blue light starts pulling us upwards. Peter grabs a light pole to anchor himself, and soon I do the same, shooting a web at the man and trying to pull him down. But the alien uproots the light poles and sends the three of us on our way to the ship. "Uh, Mr. Stark? We're being beamed up!"

Stark replies over the headset, "Hang on, kids." Before we enter the ship Peter and I break free from the pull of the beam and cling to the side of the ship. Soon we hear Stark, "Kids, let go I'm gonna catch you."

Peter looks over his shoulder, "what? You said save the wizard." I am clinging to the ship and my breathing is labored. "Gwen," Peter looks over to me, "Are you okay?"

"I can't breath." I gasp for air, Peter pulling off my mask and his.

"You two are too high up, you're running out of air."

"Yeah... that makes sense," Peter nods and I look over long enough to see him fall backward.

I reach out to catch him, "Peter!" I miss him by a few inches and as I reach I feel faint and fall as well. Before long I feel something hit my back and take a deep breath, my body all too happy to have oxygen again.

I land next to Peter, who stands up, "Mr. Stark, it smells like a new car in here!"

Stark glances back at the two of us, having caught up, "Happy trails, kids. F.R.I.D.A.Y, send 'em home."

"Yep." F.R.I.D.A.Y. responds, before parachutes extend from our new suits, snatching the two of us free of the ship's hull and spiraling us back to Earth.

"OH, COME ON!" Peter exclaims. Still being terrified I shot a web back at the ship. When I stop the chute rips off me and I pull myself in. I look back to Peter who had done the same thing, "I don't like the looks of that fall, even in those new suits."

"Can you not talk about the fall or anything between us and the ground right now."

"Oh, right sorry." Peter and I climb up the ship and inside a slowly-closing chamber, "We should have stayed on the bus."

I sigh, "Yeah, you think."