Fight

Before long the ship kicks out of autopilot and the group rushes back to the deck to see the ground quickly approaching us. "I think we're here," Strange comments, stepping in front of us.

"I don't think this rig has a self-park function." Stark looks to Peter, "Get your hand into this steering gimbal. Close those around it. Gwen shot a web at each of the gimbals and pull back when I tell you. Understand?"

"Got it." Peter and I answer in unison. Before getting in position.

"This was meant for one big guy, so we gotta move at the same time."

Peter nods, "Okay, okay. Ready."

I shot webs at both the gimbals, "ready."

The ship heads straight for the center of what looks like a colossal same of jacks. "We might wanna turn." Peter shouts, "Turn! Turn! Turn!" He shouts as we all try to turn the ship.

Stark armors up as the ship clips the 'jack' obliquely. Peter and I throw up our helmets at the same time and Strange creates some kind of shield around us, anticipating a rough landing. The ship plows through the dirt and stops. Strange helps Tony, now de-helmeted, to his feet, before helping me. I look over to Stark, "that was close."

Stark nods, "yeah, we owe you one."

Peter descends from above in a classic spidery way, "let me just say, if aliens wind up implanting eggs in my chest or something, and I end up eating one of you. I'm sorry."

Stark points at Peter, "I don't wanna hear another single pop culture reference out of you for the rest of the trip." he turns and points to me, "Either of you. You understand?" I look at him a little confused, "I heard the warp drive comment and if I tell one of you, I have to tell both of you."

Peter shakes his head, "I'm trying to say that... something is coming."

As we look down, a grenade rolls between Stark, Strange, and I. All of us being thrown well back when it fires its energy pulse. As we regain our footing a gray man appears before Strange and I, since we landed close to each other. The man yells, "Thanos!!!" So Strange and I assume he is working for Thanos. As he flings a blade at us, Strange neatly deflects it with a mythical shield and in return send the Cloak at the man's face, half-smothering him. As the cloak attacks, I shot a web at the man's body, allowing the cloak to throw him to the floor.

I look over to see Stark, in a dogfight with another man, who has a robot looking mask on, so I can't see his face. The man stuck a disc pin at Starks chest and magnetics him to a nearby structure. I hear Peter shout, "PLEASE DON'T PUT YOUR EGGS IN ME!" When I turn, I see him crawling backward frantically from an anxious-looking alien woman.

I shot a few webs at her, pinning her arms to her body, just before the robot man flies at me, feet-first, kicking me away. "Stay down, I don't wanna have to hit a lady, again." The man can't quite counter my reflexes at first, him firing at me, as I engage the thruster and blast up. But then man wraps an electric-like cord around my ankles and sends me rolling across the deck.

I look up to see Peter attacking the man who throw me and the grey man fighting with the Cloak, having broken free of the webs, "Die, blanket of death!"

Stark pulls free of the magnet, the Clock pulls free as soon as Stark has a bead on his opponent, his foot on his torso. The robot-looking man has Peter in a head-lock, gun pointed at his temple. Strange has a shield of golden energy and stands ready at the third triangle. As the alien woman struggles to her feet I jump beside Strange, since the alien woman isn't really a threat at this point, still being covered in webs.

The robot-looking man shouts, "Alright, everybody, stay where you are... Chill the F out." The robot-looking man powers off his mask and reveals a man who looks like he is from Earth. "I'm gonna ask you this one time. Where's Gamora?"

Stark dehelmets, "Yeah, I'll do you one better. Who's Gamora?"

The grey man, Stark is standing on, looks up to him, "I'll do you one better! Why is Gamora?!"

The Earthling man looks over to Stark, "Tell me where the girl is or, I swear to you, I'm gonna French fry this little freak."

"Let's do it! You shoot my guy, I blast him. Let's go!" Stark extends his nanotech cannon, looking uncannily like an electric shark about to eat the grey man's face.

The grey man glares up to Stark, "do it, Quill! I can take it."

The alien woman jumps slightly forward, "No he can't take it!"

I nod and Strange replies, completely deadpan, "she's right. You can't."

Quill looks from Stark to Strange and I, then back to Stark, "Oh yeah? You don't wanna tell me where she is? That's fine. I'll kill all four of you and beat it out of Thanos myself."

Peter shakes his head, "The only girl here is Gwen!"

Strange looks to Stark, then to the Quill, "wait, what. Thanos? Alright, let me ask you this one time What master do you serve?"

Quill looks to Strange, "What master do I serve? What am I suppose to say? Jesus?"

I chuckle softly, "you're from Earth."

"I'm not from Earth. I'm from Missouri."

Stark shakes his head, "Yeah, that's on EARTH, dip-shit. What are you hassling us for?"

Peter speaks, very muffled through his mask, "So, you're not with Thanos?"

"With Thanos?!" Quill looking extremely offended, "no, I'm here to kill Thanos! He took my girl. Wait.... Who are you?"

Peter dehelmets, "We're the Avengers, man."

"Oh."

The alien woman looks from Peter to me, "You're the ones Thor told us about!"

I shake my head, "You know Thor?!"

Quill nods, "Yeah. tall guy, not that good-looking, needed saving"

Peter and I look at each other and then to Quill, both thinking, 'what the fuck?' Strange glances to Stark and then to Quill, "Where is he now?"