Plan

Since the Guardians, as they called themselves, told us Thor was on Nivadellir, a place I thought only existed in legends, we decide to explore the planet we crashed on. As we look around we notice that some spots have less gravity than others, allowing us to float freely.

Peter and I watch the alien woman, who introduced herself as Mantis, bounce around in one of the low gravity areas. Before long I join her, doing a few flips and things like that, laughing. Stark calls out to me, "Gwen, stop that. The last thing we need is you or Peter getting hurt."

I gesture over to Strange, "We have a Doctor, we'll be fine." Stark gives me a stern look and I stop bouncing around, "Fine."

Quill is measuring the planet's tilt, "The heck happened to this planet? It's eight degrees off its axis. Gravitational pulls are all over the place."

"Yeah, we got one advantage. He's coming to us. We'll use it." Stark turns around to the rest of us. "Alright, I have a plan. Or at least the beginnings of one. It's pretty simple. We draw him in, pin him down, get what we need. Definitely, don't wanna dance with this guy. We just need the gauntlet."

I look over to Drax, seeing him yawn, "Are you seriously yawning? In the middle of this..."

Stark shakes his head, "While I'm breaking it down? Huh? Did you hear what I just said?"

"I stopped listening after you said, We need a plan." Drax looks over to Stark.

"Okay," Stark turns back to Quill, "Mr. Clean is on his own page."

Peter and I giggle at Drax's new nickname, as Quill shrugs, "See, not winging it, isn't really what they do?"

Peter points to Drax and Mantis, "uh, what exactly is it that they do?"

Mantis replies, almost as fiercely as a kitten, "Kick names, take ass."

Drax nods, "Yeah, that's right."

My jaw drops as I look over to Peter, who looks just as confused as I am. When we look up to Stark, his expression is one of deep hopelessness. I lean over to Peter, whispering my best Scar impression, "I'm surrounded by idiots."

Stark turns back to us, "Hey, no pop culture."

I smile, "sorry...."

"Alright, just get over here, please." Stark looks over to Drax and Mantis, before to Quill, "Mr. Lord can you get your folks to circle up?"

"Mr. Lord? Star-Lord is fine." Quill motions to Drax and Mantis.

"We gotta coalesce. 'Cause if all we come at him with is a plucky attitude...."

Quill cuts him off, "Dude, don't call us plucky. We don't know what it means."

I whisper over to Peter, "I can't tell if he's joking or not."

Peter whispers back, "I don't think he is."

Quill looks over to us, not really hurt by what we said, but that we interrupted him, "we're optimistic, alright." he looks back to Stark, "I like your plan. Except it sucks, so let me do the plan, and that way it might be really good."

Drax steps forward, "tell him about the dance-off to save the universe."

"What dance-off?" I chuckle.

Quill shakes his head, "Its' not a... it's not... it's nothing."

Peter looks over to Quill, "Like in Footloose, the movie?"

Quill gets excited, "Exactly like Footloose. Is it still the greatest movie in history?"

I look over to Peter then to Quill, "Was it ever the greatest movie in history?"

Peter shakes his head, "No, it wasn't."

Quill frowns toward us as Stark shakes his head, "Don't encourage this, alright, you two?" Stark turns to us.

Peter and I nod, "okay."

"We're getting no help from Flash Gordon here."

Quill steps toward Stark, "Flash Gordon? By the way, that's a compliment. Don't forget, I'm half human.So, that 50% of me that's stupid?" Quill points at us, "That's 100% you."

I shake my head, "Your math is blowing my mind and it's my best subject."

"Excuse me," Mantis is looking up one of the piles of rocks pointing, "Does your friend often do that?"

We look up and see Strange sitting cross-legged, floating slightly above the ground, his hands poised in a mystic gesture with the Time Stone glowing brightly. Green vapor-like energy flowing from the stone, and more intricate magical energy patterns circle Strange's forearms. The Cloak flows behind him as if the Stone is creating a strong breeze. His eyes are closed and his head is jerking rapidly from side to side, the motion blurring, but resembling looking for something.

I call up to him, "Steven? Are you alright?" I walk up the pile of rubble to Strange, when I stop in front of him, he snaps out of his trance and falls forward, letting out a cry. I catch him as he falls forward, "You're back, you're alright. What was that?"

Strange pants, "I went forward in time to view alternate futures. To see all the possible outcomes of the coming conflict."

I nod, "how many did you see?"

"14,000,605."

Stark takes a deep breath, "How many times did we win?"

Strange stares intently at me for a moment, "... one."