Saving the Wizard

As we get into position I can hear the alien speaking to the wizard. The wizard is groaning loudly, as the crystals are put into his skin. "Painful aren't they? They were originally designed for microsurgery. And any one of them..." The alien turns to Stark, "could end your friend's life in an instant."

"I gotta tell you, he's not my friend. Saving his life is more a professional courtesy."

The alien walks slowly toward Stark, beckoning very large, very solid metal objects to float behind him, "you've saved nothing. Your powers are inconsequential compared to mine."

"Yeah, but the kids have seen more movies."

Stark fires a rocket from his shoulder, which pierces the side of the ship to the alien's right and begins to pull everything out with depressurization, especially the alien and his large objects. The wizard is pulled loose of his pinnings and loses the needles, but also heads for the hole, helpless to resist. The Cloak wrap around his arm and an anchor point, but his arm slips loose and he keeps falling. Peter and I shoot web strands at him with one hand and hold onto a piece of the ship with the other.

As we pull back on the webs Peter's anchor breaks, and I let go of the web holding the wizard and shot one at Peter, but as I pull back his suit sprouts metal arms, bracing him from being sucked out. "Yes! Wait what are those?!"

I shot a web past Peter to the wizard, who, fortunately, is still surrounded by the ship's atmosphere making haste to leave. Peter and I pull the wizard back inside and Stark quickly sprays nanites onto the hole to plug it up.

When Peter and I land he turns his attention to the Cloak, "hey, we haven't officially met." he offers the Cloak his hand to shake, but it ignores him and continues to the wizard. "Cool."

Stark walks past the wizard, shaking his head, with his armor retreating into its containment. The wizard stands between the three of us, becoming en-cloaked. "We've gotta turn this ship around."

Stark nods, "Yeah, now he wants to run. Great plan."

"No, I want to protect the stone."

Stark walks towards the expansive front viewport, but we can't see much out of it since we are traveling so fast. Peter and I look up to the window and I whisper, "Warp speed."

Peter chuckles, "yeah, I was thinking the same thing."

Stark makes a circular motion with his hand, and speaks irritably, "And I want you to thank me now. Go ahead," he turns back to the wizard, "I'm listening."

"For what?" The wizard shakes his head, "Nearly blasting me into space?"

"Who just saved your magical ass? Me."

"I seriously don't know how you fit your head into that helmet."

"Boys," I shout and step between the two of them.

"Who is this?" The wizard smirks and looks me up and down. I had always looked mature for my age, but I am only 17, being a few months younger than Peter.

"Underage." Stark snares. "Admit it. You should have ducked out when I told you to. I tried to bench you. You refused."

The wizard rolls his eyes, "unlike everyone else in your life, I don't work for you."

"And due to that fact, we're now in flying doughnut, billions of miles away from Earth, with no backup."

I step back next to Peter, who raises his hand, "We're back up."

"No, You're stowaways." Stark waggles a finger between himself and the wizard. "The adults are talking."

The wizard shakes his head, "I'm sorry, I'm confused as to the relationships here. Wh-what are they, your wards?"

"No," Peter jumps forward, slightly, "I'm Peter, by the way."

"Doctor Stange."

"Oh, we're using our made-up names. Um... I'm Spider-Man, then."

I step in front of Peter and extend a hand, "I'm Gwen."

Strange shakes my hand and as he does Stark continues, "This ship is self-correcting it's corse. Thing's on autopilot."

I walk up to Stark and look over the control panel he is, "are you serious?"

Stange walks up behind me, "can we control it? Fly us home?" The two of us look up to Stark, who looks as if he's zoned out, "Stark?"

"Yeah?" Stark looks back to Strange.

"Can you get us home?"

"Yeah, I heard you. I'm thinking... I'm not so sure we should."