The Long-Awaited Kiss

Disclaimer: Based off the books six of crows nothing is mine except for the plot ;)
_____________________________
"Quick" authors note before we start: this has been so hard for me to write simply because not gonna like Kissing scenes are hard for me to write. Especially with this particular couple. And I'm writing it on my phone. Both character are a little OOC or maybe not we've never encounter them in a kissing scene before. *shrug* who knows. Anyway btw don't hate me. Now on with the chapter
_____________________________
INEJ POV
She froze.

What. The. Hell.

Inej didn't know what to do....she had never had a kiss that was consensual before....
Did she even want this? Was she ready? But kaz wasn't like those guys. She knew that deep in her soul that he would never push her to do anything she didn't want to.

Feeling her unresponsiveness, he started to pull away. That proved it for her. She was going to kiss him back. But he was still pulling away from her.

NO! Time to act fast!

KAZ POV
He was kissing her! Her lips soft, yet unmoving against his, got him to come out of his euphoria of actually kissing her to where he realized she wasn't kissing him back. Shit! Kaz started pulling back immediately, not wanting to be that kind of guy. The kind that she was so used to. But he was halted from pulling back by a hand wrapping around the back of his neck and pulling his lips closer to Inej's.

She was touching him on his bare neck....he felt the familiar water rising. He couldn't believe this was happening! He was drowning and he didn't know how to stop it. He moved one of his hands where he had unknowingly placed them both on her waist and took her hand in his gloved one. He pressed her hand against his chest, so she could feel his heart beating. Because that was still romantic, right?

He thought she got it because she didn't make to pull away from his chest, and she pressed herself closer, quickly and efficiently making sure nothing that wasn't clothed touched besides their lips. But sadly reality crashed upon them when their lungs started protesting due to lack of oxygen.

Kaz felt like his lungs were dying but he was completely fine with it, if he could keep kissing Inej. She obviously needed air though. When she pulled away, Kaz leaned forward chasing her lips with his. But he pulled back when he felt her smile against his lips, because he knew that he had made her happy. They both drug as much air into their lungs as the could. Once they caught their breath, they both smiled at each other.

"Well that's one way to shut me up, I guess." Inej whispered breathlessly. Kaz smiled even wider.

"I was thinking off of the top of my head" he shrugged "it seemed like the best option at the time."

"Do you think it was still the best option." Inej asked wondering if he heard the double meaning in her words. Wondering if he knew that she was asking whether he regretted it. And it seemed that her question totally caught him off guard. In fact, it disarmed him completely.

So with a soft smile and eyes full of emotion that He usually never showed, Kaz said "it was probably the best decision that I've ever made in my 17 years of life."

Inej couldn't help what happened. She melted. She blushed and she giggled, much to the surprise and growing satisfaction of Kaz.

"You look like a tomato." Kaz told her smirking, but with a quick sassy glare from her, he amended his statement. "The most loveliest tomato that I've ever seen. In fact, I'd venture to find a lovelier tomato but alas it shall never happen because well, I don't want to. Plus why would I need another tomato. I have you."

And Inej who had been looking amused at the fact that Kaz has said the word shall, quickly and quietly giggled again at his last sentence. Kaz suddenly thought of something that made the smile from his face disappear and his mood to shift into a familiar yet unwelcome emotion.
"Inej I have something to tell you..." Kaz started

Authors note: so hi 👋
Don't you love these cliffhangers...I honestly hate that it took me so long to get this out, and the fact that it's so short. But I tried to keep the aspects of the characters while writing this. Because let's be honest, they still have problems. Could I just ignore those? Definitely. Did I? HELL NO! I wanted this to be as close as I could get it to. Uh yay. Hope you enjoyed. Until next time. Peace ✌️