The Take-back

Authors note: OOC Kaz is back and more affectionate than ever. A lot of playful banter in this. So stay tuned. Enjoy.
_____________________________
Inej POV
AHHHHHHHHH!!! HE LOVES HER!!! HE SAID IT!!! She giggled softly and had the pleasure of watching Kaz look over his shoulder with a questioning gaze. Noticing her blushing, Kaz smirked and turned back around, but not before grabbing her hand and giving it a squeeze.

He let her hand go and opened the door out to the slat. As soon as they stepped out of the office they heard Jesper tell everyone to shut up. Once they were visible to everyone on the floor, Jesper spoke up.

"Well we didn't hear any thumps or bangs. So I'm guessing you're both unhurt?"

"You missed the part where she hit me. I probably have a bruise." Kaz said. And he yelped as he had to quickly, duck out of the way of Inej's hand that was swung at him. Still crouching he smirked at her again.

He was gonna be the death of her. She rolled her eyes and flipped him off. She wasn't focusing on everyone looking at them, she was just focusing on Kaz and the banter.

Kaz POV
Kaz couldn't help it, he started laughing. He was still in a crouch and he was looking at how her nose was scrunched, due to the fact that she missed. She started to laugh with him and she reached out a hand to help him up. He took it and heaved himself out of his crouch.

And when he stood back up, she punched him in the arm. He fake gasped and put a hand over his heart, feigning hurt. She smiled and rolled her eyes at him again.

He looked at Jesper, "did you see that? I have been assaulted. Call the Stadwatch."
Jesper rolled his eyes at him as well and stood still.

"She rumpled my suit!" Kaz said with a scandalized expression.

He heard Inej whisper,"And your stupid haircut" he flipped her off behind his back. Kaz glanced around and realizing he had a audience, he did the only thing he could think of. He waved.

Jesper and Inej started to laugh hysterically as everyone looked around in confusion. Some waved back. Some looked scared. Some were backing away from Kaz. Wylan stepped up and nodded his head at Kaz. Kaz nodded back. 

It was a nod that could be seen As a sign of respect and gratitude for babysitting his gang. Kaz couldn't help the grin that grew across his face when Wylan let his shoulders slump. Wylan looked so relieved. Kaz walked up to Wylan and grabbed him by the back of his neck and pulled him in.

Kaz locked his other arm behind Wylan's back and let the show begin. Everybody was freaking out. Kaz Brekker was hugging somebody. Just to mess with people, Kaz started whispering,"my poor Wylan. I'm so proud of you. Whenever you grow up you'll be just like me. Awww, you really know how to make your old man proud."

Kaz then ruffled Wylan's hair and stepped out of the hug. Smiling he said "Not your real one of course. Your real one is rotting in a cell. I meant me."

Wylan slowly started to smile and then he started to laugh.

"Kaz if I'm like you when I grow up, I might drive Jes crazy." Wylan told him

"Even better!" Kaz exclaimed, his grin getting bigger.

Jesper shouted a indignant "hey" to which Kaz and Wylan only laughed.

"But seriously Wy, I've got it now." Kaz told him glancing around at everyone. No matter how happy he was he had to calm down. Fit back into his mold. So he hardened his eyes and glanced around again. Every single one of his gang members straightened because this Kaz, they recognized. This Kaz they were afraid of.

He straightened his tie. Smoothed out his suit. All of a sudden he felt Inej poke him in the back. And she whispered that she was going to go find some food, since he didn't eat that much yesterday. He nodded his head and cleared his throat to get the attention of his crew.

"For those of you who don't know, I'm Kaz Brekker. Don't call me that. The people that call me that know that they can. Call me Dirtyhands or Boss. I go by either around here. I don't coddle you. I won't be your friend and I won't hang out and have a drink with you guys. But I will however keep your pockets weighed down by cash and your stomachs full. If you however step one toe out of line, I'll chop it off. So remember that. There is not much that you can get away with that I won't know about."

Kaz paused and looked each one of them in the eye. He heard Jesper whisper "not much, more like absolutely fucking nothing."

Kaz nodded and pointed at Jesper,"that's my sharpshooter. He goes by Jesper but he also answers to sweet Cheeks and/or hot stuff. If you betray or hurt him. I'll bash your skull and put it on my desk as a Knick knack."

Kaz then pointed at Wylan,"that's my Adopted Son/alchemist/demo worker. He blows shit up. If you mess with him I will kill you in the most Brutal and inhumane way. He goes by Wylan or Wylan Van Sunshine."

Kaz sensing Inej coming up behind him jerked his thumb over his shoulder," that's my Wraith. She's not here that much. But she's busy being a famous slaver hunter, so I can't really complain. She goes by Inej or Wraith. If you call her a unsavory name I will gut you from armpit to asshole and then hang your innards from the ceiling as a chandelier. She's my girlfriend so show her as much respect as you would show me. And she's just as scary, sometimes moreso, so watch out."

Kaz could hear Jesper choking on his spit and he saw Wylan's jaw hanging open. Kaz cracked a smile and then got back to business.

"You will get strict clearance from me before doing anything outside of the rules. And one more thing. If I see you hurt a dog, I will nurse that dog back to health and teach it to attack you every time you speak." He looked at everyone and shouted "okay Dismissed!"

Everyone nodded and hurried off except for Wylan, Jesper, and Inej. Who were all staring at him as if he had grown 3 more heads. He shrugged at them and motioned for Them to follow him to his office.

Authors note: soooooo......? How was it? I really liked writing Kaz like this but damn it's so hard. Anyway until next time peace ✌️