Fluff

Authors note: oh my crap. This took me so much time to right and it's so short. I'm ashamed. I'm appalled at myself. It's exactly as the title says. It's basically straight fluff. But good things are coming in later chapters. I have a plot somewhat In mind now, so that may mean that chapters come out sooner. Anyway enjoy.
________________________________
Kaz POV
After what seemed like only a minute, Inej pulled away away from him. Which was probably a good thing because he couldn't pretend that his problems with touching were gone. He could handle it for a bit but not for prolonged periods of time. He would try for Inej though. He would try Harder than he ever had before.

"As much as I love hugging you, We have to prepare for tonight." Inej said

Kaz nodded and sat down in his office chair. Inej perched herself on the edge of his desk and watched as he got out some paper and and pencils. He was gonna sketch this plan out.

"Okay so normal procedure. We camp out on the roof of the bar right across the street from the Emerald Palace and we watch. We're no busting in and demanding anything...yet. We're just gonna watch and listen." Kaz explained to her as he drew a rough sketch of the Emerald Palace and the street.

Inej looked down at the paper and glanced at him confused.

"Why the giant marshmallow?" Inej asked him pointing at the paper.

"That's the Emerald Palace!" Kaz defended his drawing. It was a rough sketch, but it wasn't that rough.

"That's a marshmallow! If it's the Emerald Palace, then where are the windows? The marshmallow doesn't have any!" Inej said smirking at him.

"I was about to draw them!" Kaz groaned, throwing a halfhearted glare at her.

"Is that a chocolate river?" She asked.

"It's the street!!!" Kaz yelled.

"It's wavy!! The street shouldn't be wavy!! It should be a straight line!" She yelled back.

"Well maybe next time you can draw it and make the plans, and I'll criticize your work!" Kaz pouted while glaring at her. Inej started to laugh and soon Kaz joined in.

Inej held up her hands and smiling she said,"it's not my fault you drew Ketterdam as a candy country."

"I'm gonna throw you!" Kaz said while lunging at her. She squealed and ran away as she saw him hop over his desk. He left his cane behind and chased her in loops around his office. He lengthened his stride and chased her out of his office.

She called Jesper's name, and the only response she got was a laugh from the man himself, who was sitting at the bar. She hurled herself over the bar and got the soda gun in her hand. Kaz held his hands up in a surrender motion, But it didn't seem to matter.

Inej smirked and pulled the lever. Soda shot out of the sprayer like a freaking waterfall and Kaz had to duck to avoid the shot straight to the face. Even though Kaz's hair was getting soaked, he ran for the bar and wrestled the sprayer away from her. Pointing it at Inej, Kaz smiled widely and hit the lever.

She gave a noise that probably resembled a demon being raised from the depths of hell, and finger jabbed his arm. Kaz felt a wave of numbness take over his arm, and he dropped the soda gun.

Smiling at her, he shook his head like a dog, letting the soda droplets fly out of his hair and hit her. She yelped and blocked her face from the spray. Looking around, Kaz noticed Jesper on the floor, holding onto one of the barstool legs, laughing so hard his face was a bright red.

Wylan was almost just as bad, leaning on the wall for support, while he clutched his stomach. Kaz coughed into his fist and smoothed back his hair, into its normal style. He gestured to his office door in a motion that said 'after you'.

Smiling, Inej headed towards the office. But not before flicking her braid at him and letting the soda splash him. Planning this whole thing was going to be difficult if she continued to question his drawing skills. But then again, it was gonna take awhile to plan it anyway. Might as well make her happy doing it.

Mumbling a "as you were", Kaz headed inside his office.

Authors note: that was fluffy and yeah. I wanted the stakeout to be a separate chapter, hence why this one is so short. Anyway I hope you enjoyed this fluff. Love ya all 😂❤️. Peace ✌️