Rally

Authors note: this is a little on the short side but I like how it turned out. I hope you enjoy. IMPORTANT AUTHORS NOTE ON THE BOTTOM, PLS READ!!! Anyway let's start the story shall we.
_____________________________
Inej POV
"What the hell do you mean, he's back?" Jesper burst out. Even Inej was shocked. She hadn't even known this. Pekka was actually trying to die. If he hurt Kaz one more time....Pekka's son might be inheriting his empire a little early.

"Jes, I don't know how I can make this any easier to understand." Kaz told him, as if he was a toddler. "He's back, and he's got Per Haskell with him. He's coming after the gang. That's why I told Wylan to get more recruits. We're gonna need some numbers."

"This is bullshit, how in the hell are we supposed to beat them again. And if you noticed we're down 3 of our crew. One forever. And the other 2 are both in Ravka. Or wherever the Hell Nina is!" Jesper shouted at Kaz.

He wasn't really shouting at him, but more to the room. He was obviously panicking.

"Wait Wylan knew about this?!?!" Inej asked feeling her anger rise once again.

"Not exactly, no. The note was on my desk when I woke up, because I sent out some feelers to figure out where he was and the report I got back said and I quote,"he's back and he's got the old man with him. Best lay low ~ Anika" But we all know that that ain't gonna happen." Kaz said, while taking a piece of paper out of his inner vest pocket.

It was the note. He quietly handed it to her. He knew her so well, he knew that she would want to see it herself. She examined every inch of it. It was definitely Anika's handwriting, although Inej could have gone without knowing that she put a "xo" at the end by her name.

Inej all of sudden decided that she no longer liked Anika. She glanced up at Kaz and he gave her a small smile, knowing exactly what she was thinking. Inej knew that she couldn't blame Anika. This was before they announced that they were dating.

But somehow the rational part of her was not winning over the part that wanted to scream at Anika to back off. But she would hold herself back if only, so Kaz wouldn't have any reason to give her that smug smile of his. Because yes...he's apparently not the only one who gets Jealous.

"What do we do about this?" Jesper asked the room, looking for a answer. Kaz looked lost and Wylan looked like he wanted to throw up.

"We fight!" Inej said loudly. Getting everyone's attention. It was time for a inspirational speech.

"We fight!," she repeated," because that's what we do. We fight and we cause trouble. We raise hell. And if we have to, we will burn their entire empire to the ground. We don't surrender. We will never just roll over and take it lying down. So we fight, and we win." Inej everyone was looking at her with varying expressions.

Wylan looked a little less queasy.

Jesper was nodding with her, as he fingered his gun handles.

And Kaz looked proud.

"No Mourners." Inej said....even though that didn't necessarily mean the same thing anymore. (AN: I'm sorry for that one)

"No Funerals." They chorused back to her. She suddenly wondered if she could start a rally.

"No Mourners!" She shouted. 

"No Funerals!" They shouted back to her.

"NO MOURNERS!!" She screamed at them.

"NO FUNERALS!!" They screamed at her.

"NOW GET OUT THERE!! GO TAKE SOME NAMES AND KICK SOME ASS!!!" She screamed.

Wylan and Jesper started for the door and Kaz laughed. Realizing that they didn't have orders yet Wylan and Jesper stopped and looked at her and Kaz.

"Lay low. Act like you know nothing for right now. But keep your ears open and your eyes peeled. Look for anyone acting suspicious. Go about your day that you usually would. Inej and I will start by lurking around The Emerald Palace and see exactly how worried we should be." Kaz told them.

They nodded and after them telling Kaz and Inej to be careful, they left the office leaving the two alone.

"Wraith." Kaz said drawing her attention to him. "I won't tell you to stay out of this because I know you won't. But can you please for the love of all that's holy, be careful?"

She raised one of her eyebrows,"Are you implying that I'm not careful?" She asked him

"Of course you're not careful, you're dating me." He said while giving her a crooked smile.

She quietly laughed as he started walking closer to her. He put a gloved hand on her face, caressing her cheek.

"If you get hurt because of my problems with Pekka and Per Haskell, I'll never forgive myself. And if you die..." Kaz cut himself off, to clear his throat. He sounded a little strangled when he continued. "I don't know who I'll be after. So please for the sake of the world. Don't get hurt and don't die."

"Well it's a good thing, I have no intention to die. At least not while my family is in danger." She whispered to him, as his thumb started to stroke along her cheek.

"I love you, Inej." Kaz said, all while placing a kiss on her forehead.

"I love you too, Kaz." She said as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

They could start the stakeout that night but for right now, she was just gonna hug the love of her life and forget the rest of the world for a little while.

Authors note: Hi! So I hope you enjoyed it.  Anyway tootle loo. (That looks so weird typed out like that...). Until next time, Peace ✌️