FINALLY!!!

Authors note: Here it is. The epic moment that everyone has been waiting for!!! Probably not actually. 😂😂 anyway here it is.
________________________________
Kaz POV
Kaz let Inej step into his office ahead of him and He closed the door behind them both, shutting out the whispers that were starting up out on the floor.

When it was tightly shut he locked it. No one was going to interrupt this meeting. It was the possibly the most important one that he's ever had. And he was gonna try with everything in him to close this deal.

Inej perched on his desk, which only caught Kaz's attention because his window was usually her spot of choice. This new arrangement made him feel a lot more vulnerable. He was standing in front of her nothing between them. He had never been ashamed of his limp before this but things had changed between them and now he was very aware of how she could see the funny way he was standing on his injured leg.

No desk to hide what he was. This is why love was stupid. Love could fade. Money doesn't. True it could be fake...but then you just stab the person that gave you the bum kruge. You can't stab someone that doesn't love you anymore. Well technically you could but that would be a bit messed up.

He was getting off topic. Or maybe he wasn't. Maybe Inej didn't love him anymore...what then? He couldn't pine because that's even more stupid. However it was Even more stupid to think that Inej' love, if real as she said it was, could fade as fast a 2 hour nap. He didn't even do anything that 2 hours except for sleep.

He was overreacting. Inej was just standing there, not saying a word as she let him work all of this out. Kaz was abruptly furious with himself. How could he plan 8 plans at the same time and not break a sweat but the moment he tries to express his feelings he turns into self conscious idiot? It didn't make sense. He decided to try to speak what he was thinking.

"I'm an idiot!" Kaz said. Well that wasn't untrue but not what he was expecting. He could see the effort it took for Inej not to laugh as she stood there otherwise emotionless. He could give it Another try then.

"I'm a idiot. I was wrong." He said. Well that one was better. Inej hummed as she waited for more. For her, he could say this. It was all for her.

"I'm a absolutely stupid asshole. I was wrong telling you that you didn't know you're feelings. And don't try to pull some psychology bullshit about how I only said it because I was projecting or that I was talking about my feelings. Because I know my feelings. I've known them for a while. But Inej, love is scary. You telling me that you love me was the bravest thing that that I've ever seen but I'm scared out of my goddamn mind over here." Kaz told her as he gestured to himself

"I don't know how to be a good person. I don't know how to be guy that you deserve and my feelings are scary. I'm not used to feeling things besides distant pleasure that my plan succeeded. I don't know how to do this!" He told her and he had the urge to ask her whether she still loved him or not. He didn't want to step off this ledge without having her there with him. But then again she said it first without that. But she was a acrobat is she fell she picks herself back up. He was a cripple! If he fell he died.

He took a deep breath and started talking again,"but I do know that I love you. And if you can be a bit patient when I mess up then that would be great for me. Just don't give up on me." He saw the moment that she finally comprehended his words. She stopped moving.

"You love me?" She asked him, which made him jump because it was the first words she'd said since they got in here.

"Yes. More than I thought I could love someone. I love you, Inej Ghafa." He whispered. He was starting to get afraid. She was just sitting there. She suddenly got off of the desk and took a few steps towards him.

"If you're planning on hitting me, just not the leg." He said cringing at the way that she was saying anything. She reached out and smacked his arm and then she started to cradle his cheek with the same hand. And for the first time he didn't feel the water ready to strangle him, when he felt her touch. That was good right? Her hand was warm. She started moving her thumb across his cheekbone and he felt his eyes flutter. That was embarrassing and he hoped that she didn't catch it.

Her eyes glossed over. Oh my god, he made her cry. He didn't know how to comfort someone! Should he hug her?! Should he say 'there, there'?! Should he break her finger to get the brain focusing on different pain?! He didn't know how to deal with this!!!

His panic ebbed away as she started to smile at him. Kaz opened his arms and Inej went into his arms faster than he could motion for her to. He hugged her as tightly as he could. And Kaz could tell she was doing the same. The love of his life was hugging him. And she loved him back. That just made him clutch her even more tighter.

"I love you." He whispered in her ear. He finally said it to her and he wasn't gonna take it back. Not even for 30 million kruge. Which was a big step for Kaz. She shivered and snuggled her head even more into his chest. Was she cold? No, he didn't think so.

He forgot about it when she whispered,"I love you to."

He felt like his heart could burst with how happy he was. She pulled away, out of his arms and looked at him with a serious expression.
"What are we?" She asked him and without any hesitation he asked her to be his girlfriend. She simply nodded her head at him and smiled.

She then asked him another question,"are you gonna take your position back? Wylan is supposed to be the innocent one in our group." He huffed out a laugh as he nodded and headed toward the door. Time to take his gang back.

Authors note: BOOM!! Time to take back the gang but you got the love confession!!! ❤️❤️ aww it was cute. Anyway until next time. Peace ✌️