Chapter nine

As promised, I was still angry at Winter after dinner time, and after dessert, and when I climbed into bed that night. My Mum had once told me never to go to bed angry. It wasn't advice I listened to often, but it popped into my head as I cocooned myself in blankets.

Mum... Tears filled my eyes. Though I hated my brothers and father, I couldn't find it in my heart to hate her. It was impossible to hate somebody like her. She always managed to smile. Plus, she had fed me, clothed me, taken care of me. How could I hate her for that?

But of course, my brothers had always needed more attention. Or, not needed, more wanted. Even though they literally had all the attention in the world, they still wanted hers. At the age of seven, Mum stopped doing things like taking me to the park or watching movies with me when everybody else was out. She was always driving my brothers to a photo shoot on the other side of the city or flying somewhere to film a movie. And she replaced the time she spent with me with money.

I had never been away from the house this long. The longest I had stayed away was three days. When my parents were away, my grandmother had always looked after us, and if she was unavailable, then my grandpa would. Either way, there was always somebody looking after us, and almost always, that person wouldn't like me.

I'd lived my whole life being rejected by people. I had no friends at school, and I knew if people did show any interest in me, it would be for my money or my family. I wasn't exactly a smart student either, and didn't get along with the teachers, so they hated me as well.

I learned to live with the fact that people hated me.

Hell, I hated me. What was there to love about a guy like me?

Maybe that was why the fact that Winter had chosen me to take, instead of one of my brothers, surprised me. He was going to have to learn the hard way, like I did, that nobody liked me. My Dad hadn't paid the ransom. Maybe he never would. I didn't see any reason for him to, anyway. He just had more money without me. He had always hated me, and now there was an easy way to get rid of me. Why wouldn't he take it?

I cried myself to sleep that night.

<><><><>

It was harder than usual to get out of bed in the morning. I mean, it was always hard, but after my breakdown the night before, I could barely move. I didn't have the effort.

I finally managed to drag myself out of bed and to the breakfast table. Breakfast was already set up.

When I sat down, I realised that Winter wasn't anywhere to be seen. I rested my head on the table and waited for him. Maybe I was just up too early.

The clock read 12:43pm. Where was he? I stood up and tried to door. It was locked. I checked every possible place he could have hidden, even in all the draws.

I tried to remind myself I was angry at him. That I hated him. But the thought of being stuck down here, without sunlight, alone, terrified me. Ironic, really. I used to never let sunlight into my bedroom. I'd do anything to keep it out. The light of my desktop was the only thing that lit up my room. Now, I've got a big wide-open space, and the thought of no sunlight made me want to scream.

Where was he? Was he serious about what he said yesterday? About keeping me down here until I starve to death. But he gave me food.

Where the hell was he?

Author's Note:

Fuck thirteen year old me. Just fuck him. THIS CHAPTER WAS 636 WORDS, WTF. THAT IS WAY TO FUCKING SHORT, OH MY GOD!

Vote/comment/share if you feel like. If you don't want to then... Eh, whatever.

Have a nice day my darlings!

Xoxoxo,

-Kai

<>THIS CHAPTER HAS BEEN EDITED. THIS IS NOT FOR THE READERS, THIS IF FOR ME TO REMIND MY DUMB FUCKING SELF. THIS HAS BEEN EDITED, KAI!<>