Chapter eleven

When he said that I craved to see sunlight, I thought it meant we were going up to his study or the music room or something. But, to my surprise, he opened the front door and stepped outside. I stared at him in shock. He held his hand out. "Coming, Jace?" He questioned, his voice being partly swallowed up my the strong wind.

"B-but aren't you'll scared I'll run away or something?"

"Will you?" He smiled. I couldn't move. Wait, was he starting to trust me? I didn't see any bodyguards, or dogs, and I didn't have a tracker on me. Maybe he was actually trusting me with this.

Nobody had ever trusted me before... "I don't know." I answered. This was an opportunity to escape. The strange thing was, I partly wanted him to keep me here. I hated my family, I hated the city, I hated the noise. Out here it was always quiet. The air was fresher. And Winter was certainly entertaining.

"I could put a tracker on you," He offered casually, pulling a metal band out of his pocket. I stared at the band, running the words over and over in my head. Did he trust me? More importantly, did I trust me?

After a long moment of silence, I held out my wrist, waiting for him to snap it on. Winter was speechless for a second. I shook my wrist. 

"Come on, Winter," I said, almost sadly. "Even I know I shouldn't trust me."

"You..." He just stared at me. I stared back at him. He regained his senses and smiled, clipping the band around my wrist and locking it before tucking the key back into his pocket. "You're a weird kid."

"Oh, like you aren't," I retorted, before rolling my eyes and pushing past him. When he couldn't see me, I smiled to myself and looked down at the tracker. I'm an idiot. I could have just escaped. Gone home. See my brothers and my parents. And yet, what I had just done felt somewhat... Right.

Me and Winter wandered around his gardens for ages. He tried to take me into the dog pen, but the closest I got was standing outside the gate. He had five dogs, all of them big and scary. They barked at me, making me hide behind Winter.

Winter wasn't scared of them. He entered the pen and cuddled them all.

He had a rose garden, which was my favourite part. I ran my fingers over the petals, admiring the softness and beauty of the flowers, while Winter stood beside me. "They're nice, aren't they?" He said with a smile. I nodded.

"They're gorgeous."

That made him laugh a little before he touched my hand, causing me to jump and stare at him in shock. He wrapped his pinkie finger around my own, and tugged slightly. "We should probably get home, Jace. I'm hungry. Aren't you?"

I let him lead me back to the house, the electricity in the air between us making me insane. I found myself wanting to move forward, to tangle our fingers together instead of just linking our pinkies.

Dinner was ready when we arrived inside. We sat down at the table in the basement, silent.

Finally, I spoke. "I had fun today, Winter."

He smiled and ate a piece of chicken. "Me too. I should take you outside more often."

We were quiet for a few more minutes. I swallowed and looked down at the table. "Can you stay in here tonight, maybe? I get... lonely."

"I thought you were angry at me," I could hear the amusement in his voice. I turned red. 

"I am! But when you've been alone all week you tend to want somebody to stay with you. That's all."

"I was going to anyway. I was going to tell you, but it's so much funnier and cuter listening to you ask."

Oh my god. I hadn't even needed to ask. I just embarrassed myself for no reason whatsoever. Fucking great.

"Well, I'm done," Winter stood up. "Go and have a bath while I get you your book."

"Okay..." I waited until the room was empty before running the bath. Why there wasn't a shower down here, I didn't know, but I didn't mind the bath. I hadn't had baths since I was a kid, so it kind of reminded me of then. I poured in the bubble mix and smiled as bubbles started to appear. I then sat in the bath for about twenty minutes.

Somebody knocked on the door and I panicked, some of the water splashing over the edge. "What?" I called.

"Are there any towels in there?"

I looked around and swore to myself. "Um. No?" Fuck, fuck, fuck. The door opened slightly. My eyes widened. 

"Do you want me to bring some down?" Winter asked.

"Close the door!"

"Oh, come on, like I care whether you're naked or not," The door opened wider. I swore again. 

"Close the fucking door!"

"Don't swear," He left the door half open as he walked off. I covered myself with the bubbles when he returned, holding a fluffy blue towel. He didn't even glance at me as he hung it up. I noticed he had changed clothes, and his hair was wet. He must have had a shower or a bath too.

He turned to look at me, but his eyes didn't wander down any further than my skinny pale chest. I sunk deeper into the bath. "Get. Out," I growled.

"Need anything else?"

"No! Get out!"

"Okay, well, there's dessert on the table when you get out of the bath. I left your clothes on the bed," He picked up my clothes off the floor and folded them. I realized in horror if my clothes were out on my bed, and he had my others, I had no choice to go out just in a towel. 

"Wait, leave them there!"

He ignored me and started to walk toward the door. "Winter!" I shouted. He just turned back to smirk at me before closing the door behind him.

I swore and sunk even lower into the bath.

Fuck.

Author's Note:

This chapter was 835 words, thank god. It's slowly getting longer, which is great. Also, this book has finally reached 100 views! Thank you! UPDATE: Over 500k now. I can't even...

Anyway!

Please vote/comment/share!

Thanks for reading my darlings,

Xoxoxo,

-Kai

<>THIS CHAPTER HAS BEEN EDITED. THIS IS NOT FOR THE READERS, THIS IF FOR ME TO REMIND MY DUMB FUCKING SELF. THIS HAS BEEN EDITED, KAI!<>