Author's Note And An Explanation

Hey everyone! It's your friendly neighbourhood gay, sitting here writing with a pot full of rainbows and pictures of Hayley Kiyoko. The reason I'm writing this authors note is because I feel the need to... I don't know, talk with you guys a bit more before this book is completely done.

I didn't originally plan for this book to turn out like this. My original plan was to have the police come, find Jason and arrest Winter. The time when they meet again is when Winter gets out of jail, fifteen years later. I also originally planned for Winter to have killed his parents, and the reason he thought they were still alive was because the trauma caused him to actually erase the memory from his mind. Though this ending would have made a lot more sense, I think you guys, as well as me, enjoyed this ending a lot more.

I really love Winter and Jason, and they'll forever have a place in my heart. Amazingly, some people have drawn fanart of the couple! Fanart for my shitty book! I tell you what I'd love, instead of just Winter and Jason, I'd love some Aiden, or Donut, or even Jason with his family. Of course, you guys can draw what you want, so if you want to draw Winter and Jason then you can draw them. I'm just saying, I'd love some more Aiden.

It was really hard to end this book, but I knew it had to happen. I couldn't continue on forever. I kid you not though, when I typed The End, I slammed my laptop shut and went to go and hug my cat as fast as I could. I was so sad, just like a lot of you guys.

So many people have messaged me, asking for a sequel, and I just wanted to clear something up. Though I love this book I'm not going to write it. It's out of the question. I don't even know who I'd write it about haha.

I hope you guys adored this book as much as I did. Even though it's absolute trash compared to a lot of books on this AMAZING site, I do love it. It really helped me through a lot of hard times. Sometimes, I find it hard to get up but I remember thinking one day "No, I have readers that need to read the next chapter. I need to get up." And I managed to. Though that doesn't always work, it really helped.

I also found it very easy to relate to Jason. He's a precious boy, easily annoyed, very defensive, but I'm telling you, he loves so hard and so much. Winter is basically the same. Though he might have some mental issues, such as, of course, his MPD, he really does love a lot. He's suffered a lot of trauma in his life, causing Aiden to evolve due to loneliness, but he's one of the best people I've ever created.

Some of you guys think that Winter and Jason's relationship is weird, unnatural, and creepy. You guys also think it's pretty weird how calm Jason acts to being kidnapped and are confused at why he doesn't react badly.

Well, I think it's time for me to explain.

Jason, much like Winter, had faced rejection his entire life. He's grown up with nobody to love, and nobody to love him. So, when Winter showed an interest in him, Jason instantly opened up.

You have to understand that Jason had always been the outcast. His brothers are better looking (not true), smarter, cooler, and people like them a lot more. Every teenager says at one point "Darkness is my only friend" and though some, well, most, find this very cringey, it was true in Jason's case. He had nobody, not even his own family. All he had was that razor, and the dark. He had no one.

Imagine this. You've lived your whole life being pushed aside, watching people squeal over your siblings and ignoring you completely. Your father pushes you around, and your grandparents look at you like you're nothing more than a piece of dirt waiting to be removed from the household. Your mother used to pay attention to you, but she suddenly became just like everybody else and moved to put all her effort into your siblings. As usual, you're alone again. All your friends have ditched you, and you don't even have a pet to cuddle with.

But suddenly, you're whisked away to a huge house, with a handsome boy, who actually shows an interest in you, how would you react?

Obviously, your first thought would be to kick and scream, but was your life really better back there? Rejection. Heartache. Loneliness. Really think. This boy, Winter, has done nothing to hurt you. He gives you your favourite books, your favourite foods, tries to make you happy. Hell, he even lets you win at Chess just to make you smile.

No, you wouldn't be calm instantly. No, you wouldn't get up on your second day there and casually say "You said something about waffles?" Of course you wouldn't. Because you wouldn't think all of this through. But Jason did, and he knew there was no point in fighting.

I'm not sure if the above makes sense, but basically what I'm saying is that if you've been rejected your entire life and somebody suddenly starts to show an interest in you, you would either A) Push them away or B) Get extremely close to them and do anything to keep them. And, in Jason's case he chose option B.

And with a guy like Winter, who never forced himself onto the boy he obviously thought was hot, who did everything he could to make Jacey happy, I would probably choose option B as well.

I'm not saying what Winter did was right. I'm not saying that I didn't want to use the coffee shop idea. I'm just saying that the two really are in love, no matter the circumstances in which they met.

Oh, also, while I'm here, I really, really, REALLY hate the movie Split. You can compare Aiden to Split all you want, but I'm just saying, I'm trying to ignore those comments because I snap when I hear about it. I found it pretty inaccurate, and it really got on my nerves. I'll try not to snap, but you know, it does get on my nerves a lot. I'm not telling you to stop commenting that though! Just don't expect me to reply, okay. You can comment whatever you want, as long as it's not hate.

Anyway, I think that's about it. You guys can ask questions in the comments, and I'll do my best to answer them. Thank you!

And by the way, you are so gorgeous. How are you this cute? Hey, hey, sis, come and look at these people. Aren't they fucking adorable? Love you!!

Xoxoxo

-Paige