Takumi x Reader

"Give up already, you won't be able to do it like that," said Takumi.

"I will do it, you'll see!" you retorted.

"With your arm like that, I doubt it. If you keep going like that your bruises will get worse," he responded.

"Sigh...fine. I will stop."

You are one of the Hoshidan army's best archers. You worked with Prince Takumi and his retainers ever since you started serving the royal family. A few days ago, you went on a mission and injured your arm, meaning you were unable to use your bow for a long time.

"One month without using my bow. Great! Now I'm completely useless!"

"Don't say that! Even without your bow, having you here is already a big help," Takumi said, trying to comfort you.

"Yeah sure..."

"I mean it."

"I'm not doubting myself. I just wish I was less limited. I can only fight with bows, nothing else."

"I could teach you how to use a sword," Takumi suggested.

"Milord, you know how to use a sword?" The information shocked you.

"Yup! Ryoma isn't the only one who's good with sword in this family," explained Takumi.

"Even without his bow, Lord Takumi can help. I'm jealous..."

"Don't worry, I will teach you how to wield a sword."

"Thank you."

You and Takumi went to the forest together. The walk was awkward, you two remained in silence looking elsewhere.

"First, you must grab your katana like this," he demonstrated. You attempted to copy his stance.

"Like this?"

"Almost," he said as he walked toward you. "Like this." He grabbed both of your hands and positioned the katana in a way that wouldn't hurt your arm.

"Lord Takumi, is too close!" you thought, flinching at his touch.

"And to attack," Takumi began, moving to your right side, "swing, your sword to both sides."

"Like this...?"

"Yes. Perfect," Takumi smiled. "Unlike the bow, with the sword you must be more careful. The probability of you hurting yourself is much larger."

"O-Okay!"

"Let's continue."

You and Takumi trained all day. Learning the sword was much harder than you expected, and you questioned how an archer like Takumi could swing it so easily. "He must have learned from Ryoma," you determined. Despite feeling fatigued with every swing, you persisted until the end, when Takumi delivered the news you had been waiting for since the beginning.

"Let's stop here, it's already dark," Takumi mentioned, looking to the sky. "It seems it's going to rain."

"Huh?" You looked at the sky and saw the sky covered with rain clouds. "No, no, no! grey clouds mean rain, rain means thunderstorm!"

"(Y/N), let's return quickly!" Takumi said, running ahead of you.

"Wait, Lord Takumi!" You quickly caught up with him and grabbed his arm.

"Damn, it will start raining any minute now!" That's when you felt a small raindrop fall atop your head.

"Milord, I think it's better if we find somewhere to stay," you began, scanning your surroundings.