11 : Bloodshot

Eddie would say I'm impulsive. That I always do things without thinking twice. That I always let my instincts and emotions dictate my every move. I can't say he was wrong.

The moment I saw Precious with the bloody knife, I knew right then that I needed to hurt her before she could hurt us. And so I did what could be the stupidest or bravest thing.

I lunged towards her with every strength I had. She slammed hard to the cold floor, while I landed above her. Quickly, I turned to look for the knife and found it on the ground just by the side of us.

The rush of adrenaline made me kick the knife away from the both of us. I didn't even think it was possible for me to stretch my legs that far, considering I can't even do a single split in Physical Ed.

Just as I saw the knife flew farther away from us, I suddenly felt a sharp pang on my neck. I looked down on Precious and to my shock, her hand was already grasping my neck tight as her eyes glare at the color red.

I gagged as my mouth opened for a scream. I held her hand and tried to pry it away but I felt something sharp and long. 

I gasped when her other hand moved towards my neck. But what shocked me more was the look of her hand. Her fingers were long and sharp! Her hand wrinkled and brown but it was too too big! Precious' hands weren't like this the first time we met!

And just like that, I found myself at the mercy of Precious' tight grasp around my neck. I was frozen and breathless as I felt burning pain against my skin. I saw blood drip down her face and I knew right then that it was from my bleeding neck.

I stared at Precious' bloodshot eyes as I moved both of my hands towards her neck, trying to inflict the same pain she's giving me. 

My trembling hands reached her neck but all I could do was place my palms against her throat. I didn't have the same strength to inflict pain towards her, all I could do was hope to hurt her the same. 

All of a sudden, Precious' mouth contorted open. It opened so big that it seemed like her skin was stretched down. At the same time, a really loud screech came out of it. 

I gasped as my eyes widened. The pain was gone and all I felt was shock from what's happening to Precious.

To me, it looked like Precious let out a really sharp cry. A cry that only a wounded animal would do. 

Her grip against my neck loosened but before I make a move, she suddenly pushed me aside, sending me rolling against the floor. 

My head hit the floor and it sent me into a state of daze. It felt like my head echoed into a static.

"Inom o bala sa ulo?!" 

"Edi iinom!" 

Sina Scotty at Burn, kapwa nakaluhod sa putikan at basang-basa ng ulan habang napalilibutan ng mga sundalo. Napalingon sa aking direksyon si Burn at nagtama ang mga tingin namin.