21

Natasha got up a bit earlier this morning than she usually did.

"Sobaka, do you wanna go for a walk?" she asked me.

I lifted my head and perked my ears up at her.

She was wearing leggings and a tank top and had my leather leash in her hands.

I got up off of my bed and padded over to her, my tail wagging furiously.

She rolled her eyes and told me to sit, which I did so she could clip the leash onto my collar.

She stood back up after it was attached, "Let's go Sobaka," she said as she headed out the bedroom door.

The only other person up was Steve, who we encountered in the kitchen making breakfast.

"I'll be back in an hour or two," Natasha informed him as she pulled on her shoes that were by the door.

He nodded, "Be careful,".

Natasha rolled her eyes and with that, we went outside.

Natasha pulled a clip out of her pocket and clipped my leash to her belt loops.

I walked alongside her, she had her headphones in.
.
.
.
We walked along the driveway for a while, eventually hitting road and walking along the side of it.

We walked for probably a mile before a car stopped beside us.

Nat pulled out a headphone and looked at the man, who'd rolled his window down.

"Hop in, I'll give you a ride," the man said.

Nat subtly unclipped my leash from the clip. "No, I'm just out for a walk," she told him before she started walking again.

The man kept pace with us in his car, "It wasn't a suggestion,".

It was at that time, another van coming from the opposite direction slammed on their breaks and slid in front of us.

Four men came out of it, they had guns.

I started growling and put myself between Natasha and the men.

"Fuck," I heard Natasha mutter to herself.

I bared my teeth.

"We can do this the easy way, or the hard way," the man in the car called to us.

Natasha looked at the four in front of us and the man beside us before she made her decision.

She took off into the woods beside the road.

I was right beside her.