Plan From the Physician

Felicie was constantly busy now. She had to keep track of Emilien and Amadeiu and, to a lesser degree, she also needed to watch the few crew members they brought with them that mostly stayed in their ship. Though, that was primarily out of nervousness and not because they were being confined there. Felicie did have some help from Sybille, but until Elaine and Colette arrived, she was doing almost all of the work. Despite that, however, she always found time to be there at Addie's side when Master Hue was working with her knees.

Addie's heel cords were cut and, with their loss so too went her ability to ever walk again. However, Master Hue wanted to at least get Addie into a position to where she might be able to bend her knees. It would make traveling with her easier, at the very least.

Usually, Master Hue would come to the Paladin's Suite specifically because it was hard for her to go anywhere far. Since she couldn't fly on one of the city's aircabs on account of her knees being unable to fold into the small space, she had to be brought to Hue's clinic all the way in the Magnesium District - passing through the Pleasure District on the way - on foot.

Today, however, for her check up, he had requested that she be brought to him because the instruments he wanted to attempt to use were too unwieldy to lift and carry all the way to her. So, that morning, Felicie had put up their umbrella and began the long, wet trek to the master's clinic.

Master Hue's clinic was a brilliant, three-story affair in the heart of Magnesium with its own apothecary, gardens, and cafeteria, making it near completely self sufficient. The first two floors were where the common populace received treatment - wealthier citizens paying for rooms on the second floor in order to get more private care. The third floor, however, where Master's Hue's office resided, was exclusively for the use of the paladins.

Currently, Addie was the only patient in the examination room that held three beds with long curtains hung up between each, allowing them some privacy if they desired it. Felicie was at her side, holding onto her hand, her chair pushed up against the wall so it didn't get in anyone's way as Master Hue and his newest pupil moved around Addie to examine her legs together.

Since Master Hue was such a respected and prominent physician, he had a near constant rotation of apprentices coming to him for training after finishing their classes at the medical college. Today, there was only one student with him as the others were all working in the lower floors. The dirty blond haired young man had a serious expression on his face as he looked over Addie's pale and thin legs.

She had a sheet over her thighs for modesty's sake, but otherwise both limbs were bare for all to see, fully showcasing the deformities she had gained in Lloegyr. Her knees were no longer smooth and rounded. The one that wouldn't bend was lumpy and uneven while the one that still bent slightly appeared altogether too flat. Her ankles, without the taut heel cord down the back, were oddly thin while her calves were strangely stocky and she could no longer point her toes because of their loss.

Since it was the first time the new apprentice was seeing her - and with her permission - Master Hue was allowing the young man to examine her without telling him anything about her besides the fact that she was coming in with old injuries.

The man had introduced himself as Cupid before he had gotten to work. His sharp eyes were screwed up in concentration as he gently tried to manipulate her limbs.

"Does this hurt?" He asked, pointing her toes for her.

Addie shook her head. Though she couldn't do it herself, moving her feet wasn't painful. The cuts that went through her cords were months old and long healed by now. Since Cupid was trying to determine what was wrong with her on sight alone, she wasn't allowed to tell him exactly what was injured, only answer yes or no questions.