The Similarities Between

"Found you."

The self-satisfied female voice from the front of the forge drew Ferrant's eye from his current project that was spread out over his work desk. It was coming together well, if he did say so himself. It was fully pieced together at this point; he was only polishing the simple silver metal and smoothing out any rough edges that might remain now.

He had been working on it for the better part of two days after spending a few hours yelling at Launce as they worked together putting the finishing touches on the design. He knew he should be focused on making more chain mail, but this had taken over his full attention.

He had nothing better to do since Addie was busy with paladin duties at the moment. She had sent him a message saying that she wouldn't be able to see him for a while, so he was using this opportunity to get some things done.

Ferrant was accustomed to being alone. In point of fact, he rather preferred it. That was the best part of having Leger forge to himself; he didn't have to worry about other people. Even Launce was usually content to keep out of his business most days.

He often had to say goodbye to the people around him. The paladins were nearly constantly coming and going. He rarely got to see Colette any longer since she had started fighting on the front lines. His closest thing to a friend at the moment was his matronly neighbor.

And that suited him just fine. He had been perfectly content to live that way for the majority of his life, and even now he was already looking forward to a quiet evening at home, meticulously weaving his chain mail together until his eyes blurred and he fell asleep.

It was a night not unlike any other he might have had. Yet, he found himself missing Addie with a strange ferocity.

He wanted to come home to her. He wanted to hear about what she had done that day while he weaved chain mail. He wanted to lay down beside her as they fell asleep and hold her in his arms again just to feel her breathing.

He still wanted to be alone, but he wanted to be alone with her.

So, when he heard a woman call his name, his immediate thought, his strangulating hope, was that it would be her. However, when he turned his head, he found himself looking at a blonde woman with bright blue eyes instead.

Pushing down his disappointment, he stood from his workbench to approach her, wiping his hands off on the rag he kept in his apron pocket.

"Can I help you, miss?" He asked politely.

A smile stretched across her face as a mischievous light danced in her eyes. "Actually, you can. I heard that you're the best blacksmith in the city."

"Well, I do what I can. Did you want to place an order for something?"

"I did." Pushing herself off of the edge of the doorway, she walked his way with a particular swing in her hips, her breasts pushed forward.

Before Ferrant could react, she wrapped her arms around his neck, draping her body over his chest and looking up at him with seductive, half closed eyes.

"I'd like to order you," she whispered.

Clearing his throat, Ferrant took hold of her wrists and gently pried them off. "I'm flattered, miss, but I'm already in a relationship with someone."

The blonde didn't appear at all discouraged. She continued to try rubbing herself against him even as he attempted to push her back.

"Come on. She doesn't have to know."