Familial Similarities

Since Addie had immediately gone to work after the tremors had passed, she had only heard about the extent of the damage. It wasn't until she returned to the top with Colette and Elaine that she actually got to see the Royal Complex.

The palace remained strong and flawless, a sight that was strangely calming when Addie gazed around at the destruction as they crossed the destroyed plate.

Most of the plants that were buried in the ground had survived thanks to their strong roots. Those that had been planted in pots weren't so lucky. A few had only tipped over, but too many had shattered and spilled out their contents all over the ground. Even as they crossed the dirtied paths, gardeners were running to and fro to try and fix everything.

The gazebo that Addie had been kissing Ferrant under hadn't made it. As they passed, she frowned to see that the roof had fully collapsed and only two of the support beams remained standing. No one had tried to repair it yet as there were more important matters. However, someone had roped the area off to prevent people from getting close and possibly hurting themselves.

For now, most of the efforts seemed to have been focused on the Knight's Quarters. It was bigger than the Paladin's Suite on account of needing to house far more people and repairs needed to be completed there first. The paladins could wait for their home to be repaired. Sybille had her family home to live in while everyone else were being given rooms in the palace.

Since there was so much to do, despite the palace not having experienced any of the tremors, the servants were rushing about wildly when they walked inside. There was a great deal to oversee from here. Not just in the Complex itself but in the repairs below as well as the more minor damage done to the surrounding plates.

Sybille had taken up residence in a study where her lady's maids had come to her, bringing a dress and creams for her bruises. The brief moment outside of the Suite was the only time Addie got to see Sybille in her nightgown. By the time they returned, she was fully dressed, her hair in a lovely knot, and she was perched delicately on a sofa as Master Hue wrapped her arm in cast.

The elder physician had a pinched, worried look on his face. He didn't appear nearly as put together as his patient. While the tremors had been enough to wake him, he had been able to successfully fall back to sleep afterwards, thinking they weren't so terrible, only to be woken again later and told that he had patients he needed to tend to immediately.

Sybille was too busy to come to him so, after seeing to Felicie, he had come to her.

Moving around Sybille, bringing her messages and attending to her appearance, were her two capable lady's maids. Neither of which ceased working when Elaine, Colette, and Addie walked in together – despite recognizing two of them as paladins.

Sybille asked what they had found but, before they could answer her, the door burst open and King Cyrille rushed inside. Unlike Sybille, he hadn't yet taken the time to listen to his servants about dressing, despite the fact that the morning was already almost over. His only concession to their nagging was the robe he wore over his sleeping clothes. Even his golden hand hadn't been put on yet and the sleeve of the robe billowed strangely around the hidden stump as he walked right past his paladins towards Sybille.

"I've just been to see Eneas." He announced, putting his one hand to his waist. "Quicksilver didn't suffer any damage at all, but there was some structural damage in the Pleasure District."

"Not all of those buildings are built to standard, so I'm not surprised." Sybille said calmly. "Any injured from the area?"

"A few. The physicians from Magnesium have already been woken and gathered. Please tell me that you have good news, Sybille."