➰ Prologue

Prologue

Aurora P.O.V

"Rory, come on, get up! We need to go" Julian yelled through the closed door of my bedroom, startling me awake from my peaceful sleep.

"Ugh, alright Lian, I'm awake, give me 10 minutes to get ready" I yelled back with a sigh. Rolling over, I looked at the clock that read 5:30 am in bright red numbers, "Hmm, I get it's another day with another mission but why do they have to be so early. Some of us like to sleep." I grumbled.

"That's just the job Rory." Lian yelled through the door with a chuckle before I heard his footsteps get quieter telling me he was walking away.

Rolling over once more, my feet hit the cold wooden floor causing me to slightly wince as some warmth left my body. I made my way over to my wardrobe and grabbed the first outfit I could along with my weapons that were laying on the chair next to my black lace boots, quickly throwing on my clothes I headed towards the bathroom to go to the toilet and freshen up, once I was finished I picked up my boots whilst shoving my weapons untidily into my weapons belt and made my way towards the kitchen where Julian was waiting for me with a ham sandwich in his hand.

"You're gonna have to eat on the way, we're running late as it is." He said handing me the sandwich with a small shake of his head as I tripped on my boot I was putting on. Taking the sandwich from him I gave him a small apologetic smile that he waved off as he headed to get his keys.

Following after him we made our way out of our small shared house and into the streets of Alicante towards the meeting point that was set for the mission we will be going on in a week. "What made you over sleep today, Rory? It's usually me that is oversleeping." Lian asked while sending me a smirk filled with humour. Throwing him a smirk of my own "I don't know, I guess I was just tired from training yesterday." I replied with a mouth full of food which he just laughed at. "Well, I hope you are all caught up because the mission is in a week and I have heard it's a big one." He said while quickly giving me a curious look, Due to having a mouth still full of food I just gave him a closed lip smile followed by a nod of my head. "Good, now finish your sandwich we're nearly there." With that said he turned the corner taking long strides up the steps to the meeting building, whilst I shoved the last bit of sandwich into my mouth and ran after him.