➰ Stuck

No one P.O.V

It had been a week since Brother Zachariah and Magnus Bane visited and the institute was gloom with quiet sobs filling the halls. Sitting at the dining room table the two oldest occupants couldn't help but feel sorry for the two time travellers as they had just given them the news that their is no way for them to get back home. "Does anyone know why they are upset?" Lucie asked in a concerned voice that also showed on her face, which caught everyone's attention. "I would like you know as well" Cordelia backed up her parabatai. The elders shared a look before sighing "yes, we do" Tessa announced, as they all turned to look at her. "What is it?" Matthew asked with his head tilted slightly to the side, with another sigh Tessa answered "we had to give them the news that they are stuck". "Stuck?" James asked, "yes stuck, there is no way for them to get home. So they are stuck here" Will said, feeling sad for the two youngsters. "What will happen now?" Cordelia asked, taking a drink of her water, "we have informed the council and they will be here in a week for 'safety reasons' they need to be checked and after that I have requested they live here." Will told them, "the council? And what 'safety reasons' are you talking about father?" Lucie asked curiously, "yes the council and they two need to have their minds checked in case they are spies or something. We have informed Rory and Lian and they have said they don't mind. It's going to be done at the same time in the different rooms and we each have been given a room to be in" Will told his family and their parabatais. "What are our rooms? Mr Herondale" Matthew asked "one moment" Will said raising to his feet to grab something, returning shortly later with a piece of paper he read out "in Lian's room will be Tessa, Cordelia and Matthew and in Rory's room it will be me, Lucie and James. Is that okay with everyone?" He asked whilst folding the paper and looking up. Everyone shook their heads as they were fine with the arrangement and carried on with breakfast.

In a room, a few doors down two parabatai were comforting each other the best they can. "Rory look at me" Lian said grabbing her face gently, raising her head to meet his gaze he gave her a gently smile and said "You are my best friend, My Parabatai, and we don't have a lot right now but we have each other and I can live with that. But can you?" To which Rory gave a smile and nodded. Knowing that they will be ok because they have each other.