7. A Christmas project ~ NAZY

A/N: Before we start, I wanna make another quick disclaimer: Yes, I'm writing about religion in this story, but this is not my personal standpoint on the matter. This is simply a fictional character's opinion. And I have to kindly ask you to refrain from any kind of religion-bashing. Be respectful! (Also, I get all my information from friends with personal experience to make it as accurate as possible, but I might still make mistakes, so please forgive me if I do!)

It seemed like such a simple task

Simply tell your parents that you are not coming with them on their vacation to Norway, because you don't really want to come home during your Christmas break at all. That you have other plans. That you are a nineteen-year-old with your own fucking life.

Now try telling Rushan and Maihan Qizilbash that.

"Jackson, I really appreciate the offer, but I don't think they will let me."

He sighed, making the speaker of my phone crackle a bit. "Can't you just ask? You don't know what they'll say if you don't ask."

"I already know what they'll say. Besides, I don't want them to get suspicious."

"What would they get suspicious about? You're not doing anything illegal, are you?"

"In their eyes, I am."

"Please."

"I'm serious, Jackson! The only reason why they let me get a dorm room here was because it was too far away from home to travel back and forth and they think that all I'm doing here is studying, studying, studying and more studying. I'd like to keep it that way."

"Are you saying they won't even allow you to have a boyfriend?"

"That's exactly what I'm saying."

"That's bullshit."

"Yeah, I know it is," I sighed impatiently. "But there's not much I can do about it unless I wanna cut myself off from them completely, which means somehow scrounging everything together by myself, including all my college fees."

"You can't be serious."

"Not everyone has supportive, loving parents like you do," I muttered, which silenced him for a moment. I pressed my back into the chair I'd taken a seat on in the corner of the study hall, even though Krista and Harriet said they wouldn't be here until later. There was no point in staying in my room with Milou having some kind of bra party with her friends. I didn't want to talk about my parents in her vicinity just in case she was malicious enough to use it against me.

"Maybe you can tell them you're going on an educational trip or something," Jackson suggested.

"Maybe..." I reached for the edge of my blouse, taking a loose string in between my thumb and index finger, and looked around the study hall. "I guess I could try that."