28. Thank fuck ~ NAZY

I had never cried so much in a day in my entire life

I was too afraid to look at my phone, but I didn't have to read the messages and listen to the voicemails to know that my parents were not happy, so I didn't. Unfortunately, I had to look because there might be invitations to job interviews, and I had to get a job as soon as possible. I had to get myself out of this shithole of a situation I'd landed myself in.

But right now, I didn't feel like doing anything but cry, and I hated it. I absolutely hated feeling so helpless and pathetic. Jackson kept telling me Nate didn't mind me staying here in their dorm room in the meantime, but I felt terrible anyway. I didn't want to be a bother to him, or anyone else, for that matter. I just wanted everything to go back to the way it was. Only better.

With my breath stuck in my throat, I turned on my phone and waited for the loading screen to fade away and make place for a keyboard so I could enter my password. After I had entered the four numbers, I was connected with my mobile network and the first thing that appeared was: 7 missed calls from Maihan Qizilbash, 4 missed calls from Rushan Qizilbash, 3 missed calls from Home.

And then the text messages came in.

Rushan Qizilbash: تو شرمااور هستى

My screen only showed the first line, but that was more than enough.

You're a disgrace.

I was so angry I wanted to throw my phone at the wall. I had made some stupid decisions, but I wasn't a fucking disgrace. I couldn't stop my eyes from filling with hot, angry tears again and Jackson immediately wrapped me up in his arms and hugged me so tightly I could barely breathe. I had forced myself to attend all my classes earlier today, despite not being able to conjure up a single fuck to give, and I had even gone to the dorm office, as requested, and now this?

The man that worked at the dorm office didn't even know what to do when I could barely keep myself together when I came in to bring him my key. It was horrible. He wordlessly took the key and then brought me to the room to retrieve my clothes and anything else I might have brought and I almost started crying in relief and quietly thanked Allah when I saw that Milou was not there. I don't know what would have happened if she was.

Nothing good, that's for sure.

So now all my possessions and I were in Jackson's room.

"Hey, it'll be alright," he whispered.

"I'm sorry," I sobbed into his shoulder. I normally didn't cry very often and now I couldn't seem to stop, and I was keeping him from doing anything. His coursework lay abandoned on his desk all because I had been stupid enough to think I could go against all the rules and lie about it to everyone without getting in trouble for it. I hated myself for everything I'd done, and I hated myself for being so fucking useless when my web of lies had collapsed. I'd ruined everything for myself.