27. All bark and no bite ~ CARL

I was nervous about this video

It wasn't because I was afraid of the assumptions my followers might have about me, because I could just skip anything I didn't want to answer; it was because I was doing this with Nate.

It seemed like a good idea, but now that we were here in my room together, I was on the edge of my chair, and I wasn't even sure why. There was nothing to be nervous about. I'd filmed hundreds of videos before and this wasn't the first time I'd spent time alone with Nate, so why did I have to make such a big deal out of it now? I wiped my sweaty hands on my pants and put on a smile as I did my intro and explained to the camera why I was making this video instead of uploading the video I'd promised, and Nate was patiently waiting on my bed with my phone in his hand.

"For this video, I have... an assistant," I said, giving Nate a small smile. "He's going to read out your assumptions so I'm not biased while picking them out."

"Can I start?" he asked when I had nothing more to add.

I took a deep breath and replied, "Yeah, go ahead."

"Alright, here's the first one. You're scared of horror movies."

"Interesting," I murmured slowly, stretching time as I told myself to calm down and just do the fucking video. "Umm, not really. I just don't watch horror movies very often because a lot of them are... kind of really bad? If it has no plot and it's just scary because of the jump scares, I probably won't like it."

"Good to know," Nate said, tilting his head for a moment, as if storing the information. "Next one. You sleep with your socks on."

I let out a short laugh. "I used to. Not anymore."

"Why?"

"Well, I always had cold feet—especially in the winter—but exercise really improves your circulation, so when I started working out, I didn't need the socks anymore."

"Makes sense," he said, before moving onto the next assumption without wasting any time in between. "You put cereal before milk."

I couldn't help but laugh. Should have seen it coming. The age-old question... "If I do the milk first, I always mess up the amount, so yes, definitely cereal first."

"Sounds like you have no spatial visualization ability," Nate mumbled.

"Sounds like you're a milk-before-cereal guy."

He raised a brow and said, "What if I am?"

"I will forgive you if you eat KitKats bar by bar."

"Yes, of course."

"Okay, good. Next assumption."

"You have really neat handwriting."

"Oh, uh... not really. It's kind of a mess."