one

01 || field trip troubles

"THAT.... THAT DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING GOOD."
- Museum Of Modern Art, New York, April 2018-

Alison was most definitely not  looking forward to this field trip.

It might of been the fact that she hadn't had a full night of sleep in a few weeks, or the fact that she was restless, something in her bones screaming at her something was going to happen. She had been feeling that sort of restlessness for weeks now, and it had all started with the nightmares. 

Stepping onto the school campus, a sigh escaped Alison's mouth as she pulled her deep teal jacket up her shoulders, the April chill settling into her bones. Kids crowded the doorway to the school, jostling each other as they crammed into the hallways, desperate to find their friends inside.

Alison? She just wanted to get out of the school and leave already.

Her backpack slung over her shoulder and earbuds shoved into her ears, attempting to play music to try and get her mind off of the other things in her life, Alison made it to her locker, unlocking the small thing in an instant. Throwing everything unessential into the small compartment, Alison slammed it shut with an exhausted sigh. Her forehead slammed against the locker, the girl giving another groan as her eyes drooped shut.

She was so exhausted. After having a not so promising night out fighting crime with her boyfriend, she had a night filled with nightmares yet again- this time changing from the unfamiliar planet that seemed to be in ruins to a ship- maybe a spaceship?- with bodies scattered on the ground, that same lumbering figure standing over all of the others. Five figures- the same ones as last time, surrounded the purple figure, the gauntlet no longer empty, one single slot filled with a bright and vivid purple that had sent chills down Alison's spine.

When Alison saw the stone she knew that theses nightmares- no, warnings- meant that something big was coming. Bigger than whoever was trying to kill her, bigger than anything that she had ever faced before. The threat was fast approaching too- Alison could feel it in her gut. But the thoughts of the man- god? being choked to death and the bright blue glare of what she assumed was another one of the infinity stones were pushed aside in Alison's mind, the teenager opening her eyes again to see Peter and Skylar waiting by her locker.

"Rough night again?" Skylar asked her friend, pulling her away from the locker and squeezing her into the tightest hug possible. She pretended not to notice the bags under Ali's eyes that seemed to grow larger with every passing second. Skylar could still remember her father being like this years ago, watching him up late in the workshops at their old home in Malibu after New York, and she hated seeing her best friend go through it too.

When Alison didn't respond, Skylar squeezed her friend tighter, trying to do everything to make sure that she was alright in some way. The Stark just wanted to squeeze all of the pain out of her best friend, or give it to her so that she didn't have to watch Alison suffer any more than she already was. "I know today's gonna be a rough day. But just stick with me- we'll just raid the museum's cafeteria or something after the tour, alright?"