four

04 || fall back to reality

"THIS ISN'T ANYTHING LIKE LEIPZIG, ALISON

"THIS ISN'T ANYTHING LIKE LEIPZIG, ALISON. I DON'T WANT YOU INVOLVED IN THIS."
- Avengers Facility, New York, April 2018-

"Portal's almost ready." Strange called out, finding the location that he desired in Alison's memory, using her recollections to help get a better accuracy on the location of where he was going to portal her. "Say your last goodbyes to the speedster."

The silent movement of Tony and Peter could be heard, Tony's soft footfalls gracing Alison's presence first. The man squatted down, looking at the teenager sorrowfully. Quirking his mouth, as if deciding what to do, Tony spoke.

"Okay, in the tech vault in the Facility, there's a special vault called 17B. There's a surprise waiting for you there. I would've much rather it be used when you officially joined the Avengers, but... it'll keep you safe." Tony instructed the girl, who nodded with a grimace.

"Open it, and use it. I have a feeling you might need it." Patting her leg, Tony looked Alison straight in the eyes. "Stay safe for me, and make sure Sky's alright too, kid. Now don't do anything dumb." After he spoke, he stood up, wanting to say something else but not being able to, not knowing why.

Peter helped Alison stand again, the portal finally ready, Strange gripping the sling ring in his hand. The familiar light of a gold ring was lighting up the ship, a familiar sight on the other side.  "Ali- please, stay safe, for the both of us." He pleaded, squeezing Alison's hand that was grasped in his tightly.

"Who said I'd ever be staying safe?" Alison laughed, using Peter as a crutch to walk to where the portal would be. As she laughed, the girl winced, coughing out small amounts of blood, which she wiped away, trying to keep Peter's amount of concern down to a minimum. "It's you I'm worried about. Are you sure you don't want to come back-"

"Alison, we're Avengers now." He smiled gently, recalling Tony almost dubbing the two as Avengers a few seconds before. "We gotta do what's best for us. My best thing to do is to stay with Tony." Peter spoke, turning his head to look at Alison, who had a glint of worry in her eyes. "Yours is to make sure that Thanos can't get to you. God knows what he would do if he knew you were still alive."

Alison locked Peter into a tight embrace before he could react, not caring how much it hurt. "You need to say safe, okay?" She muttered, burying her face into his shoulder. "I don't know what I'd do if I lost you, too."

Peter, unable to do anything else but hug her back, kissed Alison's cheek as a final goodbye. "I love you." He whispered, releasing the girl before she could react.

Alison could barely stand as Strange was the only one left to say his goodbyes. "Remember your promise. No time travel. Not even now. No matter how much the world may need it, there will be consequences greater than you can imagine."