two

02 || the second battle of new york

"TELL ME, WHAT KIND OF SHIT DID YOU GET US UP AGAINST NOW?" - Bleecker Street, New York, April 2018-

- Bleecker Street, New York, April 2018-

When Alison finally skidded to a stop a few feet away from the destruction, she could hear faint voices speaking as she continued to walk forward. The wind gusts that she had raced so rapidly against had stopped, a giant beam of blue light coming down from a doughnut like spaceship above New York City.

It was like the apocalypse had just come into a couple of blocks of New York and dumped itself at her feet. It was the worst possible situation that she could've ever thought that could happen when she saw a rainbow cross her vision inside of the Museum of Modern Art. 

"Hear me and rejoice." A voice was cockily saying, a voice that Alison was very unfamiliar with. It sounded.... almost alien, but the girl wasn't sure. She couldn't see anything from the four people staring at the person who was talking, their backs blocking her view of anything important. "You are about to die at the hands of the Children of Thanos."

Thanos.

That stopped Alison cold in her tracks. The rubble under her feet skidded silent as she stopped her movement, her mind flashing back to Absinthe, a not so friendly daughter of Thanos that she had fought a few years before. Was this it? The end that Absinthe had promised would come for Alison? Was this everything that she had been fearing inside of her mind since the day that the Asgardian left? 

Realizing that there was only one way for her to confront the problem, Alison continued walking, picking up her pace as her heart pounded inside of her chest. She was here- might as well help out rather than cower away in fear. "Be thankful that your meaningless lives are now contributing to the balance-" The child of Thanos continued, Alison realizing there was no backing out now. Making sure her mask was secure on her face, Ali was only a few steps away from the group when she heard Tony interrupt the alien.

"I'm sorry, Earth is closed today. You better pack it up and get outta here." He spoke, his Tony embellished with a flare that only Tony Stark could have. Tony was wearing tinted sunglasses, and an outfit that was a rather eccentric version of a workout outfit. It was totally him, in Alison's not so humble opinion, the billionaire sticking out among the three other figures that were there. 

Taking the final few steps to the line of people, Alison cleared her throat, catching the attention of everyone there. As she watched their heads turn, the young woman only recognized two of the four faces, trying to keep calm as she saw Tony's face fall. "Hey, Strange, Tony." Alison waved, coming into line to see the alien man in front of them. "Nice to see your lovely faces again."

"Alison." The man paused, giving her a one over. "How did you get here so fast? Actually, scratch that." Tony shut his eyes waving his hands in front of her, ignoring the alien and confrontation that was unfolding in front of him. "Even better question- what the hell are you doing here?