five

05 || avengers arrest

"THIS WHOLE THING IS BULLSHIT

"THIS WHOLE THING IS BULLSHIT. THANOS IS COMING, WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT."

- Avengers Facility, New York, April 2018-

The room separated into different factions, Sam and Rhodey starting to load the quinjet. Steve and Nat were silently discussing something about where they were going in the corner, Wanda taking care of Vision and trying to heal him and his wound.

But Alison? She was being babied by Bruce Banner.

As soon as they had finished talking, Bruce had not-so-politely escorted her back to the room she had been in (and almost bled out in) before, where the table that had originally been there had been replaced by a sofa. "You can't be up for very long, Alison." Bruce sighed, the doctor having a stern tone as he spoke. He forced her to sit down on the sofa, the girl giving a groan of irritation.

"Come on, Bruce." Alison protested, giving the man the biggest look of annoyance ever. "You know that I can handle it. Enhanced metabolism, right?" She tried to remind the man, who just gave her an irritated sigh.

"You might have a metabolism that rivals Steve Rogers', hell, it's probably even better than his, but that doesn't mean that these things heal overnight. Well, actually, we haven't proven it yet, and, theoretically it could- but still." Bruce rambled, running a hand through his bird's nest of his hair.

"Okay! So that means that I can go with you guys." Alison a greed with his last point, gesturing her left pointer finger at him, trying to withhold the wince that she made when she did so. It did her no good, however, as she gave a small hiss of pain and discomfort straight after.

"Yeah, no can do about that, kid." Rhodey appeared, probably done loading the quinjet with all of the supplies that they needed for the trip. "If Tony sent you back here to stay safe and take you away from the battlefield that they were probably about to walk into,  it was for a reason."

Alison could tell that there was no way of getting out of this, especially when Natasha and Steve made their way over to the adjacent room, still giving each other a wary look about whatever they were discussing seconds before. "And I suppose that you two have nothing good to add to this conversation, huh?"

"As much as having your skill set would assist us if it comes to it, we really don't need you to come with us if we're only going to get Vision's stone removed from him." Steve spoke, sounding like a leader, like he hadn't taken any time away from his position on the Avengers. "We need you guarding home base, being on the mend while the rest of us handle this."

"But you don't understand! I can help you. Who has the most knowledge of Thanos besides Bruce in this whole group?" She argued, looking to the rest of the group, who just gave each other glances of discomfort. "Exactly. And who has the connection to one of the inf-"