Shane-We're a family

Requested by the extraordinary Fandomdump12

"Hey Y/N. Time to get up." Y/N heard a familiar voice as they woke up one early morning. Y/N got used to the early morning routine quickly, thanks to the help of a certain someone. Y/N sat up and turned to the voice coming from the side of Y/N's bed.

"C'mon my lil chick, the chickens aren't gonna feed themselves are they?"

"Well that certainly would make our job easier wouldn't it Shane?" Y/N giggled and rubbed their eyes. Shane rolled his eyes and made his way into the kitchen. It took a little time for him to adjust to his fiancés home, but after a while, he grew comfortable to the place.

Y/N made themselves presentable and followed Shane, who had already prepared breakfast.

     "Make sure to eat everything. Your gonna need your energy today." Shane said with a slight grumble to his voice. Y/N loved that side of Shane. The side that he wouldn't show to just anyone, the soft and kind side.

     While Y/N was eating, Shane couldn't help but show a tiny smile at the way Y/N was enjoying their breakfast. How lucky was he to be with someone like them? To Shane, he was the luckiest person in all of stardew and perhaps even the world.

     After they finished cleaning up, the two walked out into nature, with the early sunrise watching over them. It was the usual routine, Y/N would take care of the crops and forage for goods, while Shane took care of the animals, especially the chickens.

     After they were done, they sat on the front porch and relaxed.

     "Y/N, I forgot to mention something." Y/N turned to Shane, who was looking up at the blue sky.

     "Jas really wanted to spend time with us today. That's alright yeah?"

     "Of course it is Shane! That sounds nice." Shane scoffed at Y/N's optimism.

     "Really? Don't want me all to yourself? You don't think I'm going soft right?" Y/N giggled at Shane's attempt to act tough.

     "No, Shane. I think it's sweet that you still look out for her, even if you don't live with her anymore. Honestly, it must be lonely for her."

     "Exactly why I want to hang with her today. Kids already been through enough." Though it was only for a split second, Y/N noticed pain in Shane's eyes. It was the same painful look They saw when they first met Shane.

"Welp, no point loafing around here. C'mon Y/N, lets get going." Shane stood up and started walking towards Marnie's ranch.

"Hey Shane! Wait for me!" Y/N started running after their fiancé. Y/N didn't mind Shane's gruffy attitude. It is what made him unique after all. Shane looked back at Y/N, gave them a cocky smirk and continued walking.

Y/N eventually caught up with Shane and they went to Marnie's ranch together. As they were walking, Y/N tried to hold Shane's hand a few times. It took a few times, but Shane finally gave in. Shane grumbled a little bit, with a faint blush in his face. Y/N thought he was the cutest.

     Instead of knocking, Shane just walked right in like he still lived there. Marnie didn't mind, but Y/N thought it was a little rude.

     "Hey Aunt Marnie." Shane greeted.

     "Oh Shane! What a delight to see you again! I hope you've prepared yourself, because Jas is, well I guess you could say, she pretty Jazzed up!" Marnie laughed at her own terrible pun, which made Shane groan like a child. Y/N on the other hand thought it was cute.

     "Y/N! Hi! It's always good to see you here." Marnie had a soft spot for the farmer, not only because they shared the same profession, but because they helped Shane, in more ways than one.

     "Jas is in her room. Go ahead and say hello."  Marnie made her way into the barn to do her Dailey chores. Shane turned to Y/N and spoke.

     "Look Y/N, I know you're a kid kind of person but I think I should go alone. You know that she's a bit shy." Y/N nodded and Shane left to go see Jas. Y/N took the time to admire the cozy lot that Marnie owned. The smell of hay was nice and the going fireplace gave them a sense of comfort.

     Although they didn't want to be nosy, Y/N found themselves walking towards Shane's old room. Nothing changed much, except a few items were missing from his room and moved into Y/N's. There was a stain on the rug. Y/N knew where that stain was from. He came home drunk that day.

     "Huh, maybe I should call you snoopy from now on." Y/N turned to see Shane in the doorway, leaning against the frame.

     "O-Oh, I'm sorry..." Y/N apologized.

     "Don't apologize hun. It's fine." Shane walked towards Y/N and gave a small kiss on their forehead. Y/N could feel the bristles of his facial hair rub against their skin. Can't say they hated it.

     "Um...excuse me." Y/N heard a small voice come from the door. In the doorway was a small girl in a purple dress, shoes and a green bow on their head. Shane turned his head and smirked.

     "Hey there squirt. You ready?" Jas nodded her head and just like that, the three of them made their way outside to enjoy their day. Y/N suggested that they spend some time in nature. Look for frogs, pick flowers and have a picnic. Though it wasn't really his scene, Shane agreed. Only because it made his two goobers happy.

     Some time had past and during that time, Shane noticed that Y/N and Jas were having quite a bit of fun together. In all honesty, he was a tiny bit jealous. While they were doing their own thing Shane made the picnic.

     "Hey you two! Get over here! Lunch is ready."

     "Coming!" Y/N answered. They were just about to sit down and relax when Jas stopped Y/N by grabbing onto their pants.

     "Excuse me. Can I tell you something please?" Shane watched in curiosity while Y/N nodded and smiled.

     "Of course Jas. What do you want to say?" Jas gulped a little before looking up at Y/N and spoke.

     "I wanted to say sorry."

     "What for sweetie?"

     "I didn't like you at first. I thought you were gonna take uncle Shane away. I didn't want to be alone again. But you make him happy, and you spend time with me too. So, I wanted to say sorry." Y/N was stunned and Shane's eyes widened and he walked over.

     "Oh Jas, you don't need to apologize. It's okay to feel this way. I felt the same when my parents remarried. We're a family now, and I'd never try to hurt you or uncle Shane." Jas smiled and ran over to the picnic, motioning Y/N and Shane to join them. As they were walking over Shane wrapped his arm around Y/N's waste and leaned into their ear.

     "You'd Make a great parent by the way."

     "Thanks Shane that's nice of-" Y/N saw that Shane was lost in thought with a confident grin on his face.

     "Hey, whats with that look?!"

     "Don't worry about it...my lil chick."

———————————————————————

     IM SO SORRY I DIDNT GET TO THIS SOONER! ( )

My brother made me watch jojos Bizarre adventure and after I was done with that, my friend made me watch Voltron! So they didn't let me do my own thing until I saw a good chunk of those.

But I think I'm confident enough to say that I'm back!