Shane-I know how it feels

Requested by the fabulous cindystone101

     Y/N tried everything. No amount of therapy, medication or isolation could help them. Even moving out to a new place with no war or political struggle didn't help. Even though there was no one to put them down or to tell them that they aren't good enough, there was one person...Y/N themself.

     Moving out to pelican town was peaceful, and taking care of crops and animals helped put Y/N's mind at ease somewhat. The people were nothing but nice to them and they were nice back. Y/N had to be, because what would happen if everyone found out about Y/N's secret? Everyone was fooled by their friendly facade. Well except one person.

Shane could spot it the moment they met Y/N. They could deny it all they wanted, but if there was anyone who understood Y/N, it would be Shane. He never openly said anything though. If he did, he'd only make Y/N upset. Shane decided to keep his thoughts to himself for now.

     Shane was thinking to himself at the Stardrop Saloon. Should he at least make an attempt to help? Or would he just make it worse? Shane sighed before taking another swing of his drink. Fortunately, a certain spiritual blueberry noticed his pondering and approached.

"Hell-o Shane!" Emily greeted with a smile like always.

"...Emily."

"watcha thinking about over here? You seem really focused on something."

"Nothin just...somethin's been bothering me lately."

"Ooh I see! Anything I can do?" Shane looked at her and noticed she had a spark of intrigue in her eyes.

"I doubt it Em. Unless you have some spiritual advice that I wouldn't understand." Emily was one of the few people Shane didn't push away. One reason was because she gave him free drinks sometimes. But mostly because Emily was really hard to get rid of. When Shane was concerned about something, she knew and boy, was she not about to let this go.

     "...Is it about Y/N?" Shane went stiff. How did Emily...?

     "I have dreams Shane. I don't know how or why yet, but Y/N and I are connected." Shane turned to Emily, who's expression suddenly went serious.

     "Em? How did you...?"

     "Follow me Shane." Emily lead Shane out of the saloon.

     "Gus! Hold down the fort until I get back yeah? Thank you!" Gus nodded with a thumbs up as the exited the building.

     "Where are you leading me Emily?"

     "Just wait..." Emily lead Shane to an area of the forest. The moonlight shined down on the forest ceiling, the light leaking threw the tree branches. A small half circle of glowing crystals stood from the ground. They were aligned almost as if they had a certain purpose.

     "Sit on that side." Emily pointed to one side of the half circle. Shane day on the ground and Emily did the same on the other side.

     "What are you planning?" Shane questioned, slightly narrowing his eyes.

     "Oh nothing important. We're just gonna go inside Y/N's head." Emily nonchalantly pointed out.

     "Oh alright that's-wait what?" Shane never believed in magic or religion but was what he heard for real?

     "Don't worry everything will be fine! I just need you to close your eyes and clear your mind." Emily instructed. Shane didn't understand but Emily insisted so he tried it anyway.