Prologue: Their histories( updated 15.01.21)

(A.N: this is a total rework of previous versions guys. Its quite gefty at  about 3k words but it help me to set the scene for the chrecters

THE BUNNY
She watched as her people from the little villages in Everlight forest were murdered and worse . It had been days now.

She didn't know how many days she had ran and hid or tried to heal the sick and  wounded after watching her father fall protecting his  mate and their young litter  and her oldest brother protecting her so she could flee.

On the first day when the monsters came   the villagers fought them off the villagers were larger, stronger and many were gifted in magic and protected by forest spirits.  In past years  they were used to fighting with other clans. But each day the hairless apes came with more and more men  with their fire steel and black balls that shatterd bones and poisened tge villagers bodies.
Each day more of their families were slaughtered wives and daughters dragged away put in vial iron cages on wheels  once inside their was no escape .   It took less then a week and the death of the Alders  of  the Villages and their fighting spirit was broken and their will to fight lost.  In the end only a few got away and Everlight was burned to the ground. The little rabbit girl and a pair of young  foxkin or kitsune  didn't. She wasn't fast enough  and too young to be a good  hider; They caught them as she knew they would.

One of the girls fought like a demon to save her gentle friend and sister . The other too saw them fall upon her but never saw what happened. Perhaps for the best. 

The humans for that was what the monstrous hairless apes were.  They caught the terrified Lapid or rabbit girl  with an iron net that burned her flash and stole her strength.
Escape was impossible and soon darkness took her. She sat there curled up coughing and sobbing with only her teddy and  dolly for comfort. Mangy with stress  , and sick from the diseased villagers she had tried in vain to help and so covered in her own blood and filth. Into the  crowded Carriage she was thrown with the others she lost her teddy as it lurched and set off……..

Bethany Jessica Fairweather  awoke with a start from her terrifying dream. Another nightmare ! 

she wanted to believe that was all it was but even if she couldn't remember that point when she was a child so long ago  doesn't mean  it didn't happen. She was shaking and sweaty all over , between her legs and her  soft sheets were soaked. She sighed and let herself calm down. Next she set about cleaning herself up,  checked the clock that it was only 530 am. She knew she would not get back to sleep now. Soon it would be  time  to get up for work anyway.

Once she had cleaned herself up and showered Bethany sat and looked over the files she had been looking over each night for days. 

 They brought her a strange peace and tranquility from her unsettled nights. she knew she had to help these two young people   and hoped that it would help her as well. 

She was a nurse and counselor at the orphanage where two young people lived. Due to her unusual physiology and her painful shyness, eccentric intellect, and other issues did not have children or even many successful relationships to date.

 She was terrified thinking she was getting near menopause and her body would soon be past childbearing. With this in mind, she looked to adoption.

 At the orphanage where she worked there were two children. She knew a lot more about them then their files suggested. 

She had a few pages of her notes which she was looking at as she looked at the files.
She looks at herself in the mirror and she sees A tall white rabbit wearing a long blue dress and turquoise waist coat that had a silver pocket watch in it that she checked  to see the time .
Her ears were pinned back and decorated with pink ribbons. She didn’t wear shoes unless she had to as she had large paws rather than human feet.