ten

When the day for the Hogsmeade trip came up, James gladly escorted Azalea to Hog's Head Pub

When the day for the Hogsmeade trip came up, James gladly escorted Azalea to Hog's Head Pub. A certain someone had told him to take her there. It didn't seem like the best place for a first date, but James knew Albus was simply giving good advice. He wasn't sure if he wanted to listen to his Professor's advice, but he decided that Albus would only want the best for Azalea.

Azalea eyed the entrance to the pub. "Hog's Head pub?" She gasped, turning to look at James. "Did Albus put you up to this?"

He raised his hands. "I wanted to go on a date with you, but yes, he did suggest this place. He didn't tell me why though."

Without waiting for any further explanation, Azalea opened the door and ran inside, feeling the warm gust of air. She felt the door opening behind her and a cold gust of air hit her from the back. James had walked in, waiting behind Azalea. He was absolutely confused. Azalea looked around before walking up to a random partron.

"Excuse me, do you know whre Aberforth is?"

The patron pointed to a man behind the bar. Azalea saw him immediatly. He had grown up as expected, big and strong like Albus. She walked up to him with James trailing behind her, making sure no one drunk enough would come up to them. He would be more worried for the drunkard rather than Azalea.

"Um - are you Aberfoth Dumbledore?"

She knew he was. She felt stupid for asking, but she didn't want to accidentally get the wrong man by hugging him tightly. Aberforth, ready to grunt and roll his eyes at a new patron, stopped short once he saw her. His eyes watered and he took a step back.

"It can't be," he whispered.

Azalea smiled. "It's me, Aberforth. "

He stepped from behind the bar and wrapped her in a crushing hug, breathing in her scent that he had forgotten over the years.

"I missed you," he whispered.

He didn't care that the patrons were looking at them or that James was uncomfortably shifting around.

"How?" he asked. "The curse?"

Azalea took a step back from the hug and looked up at James before wrapping her hands around his arm.

"He broke it," she said with a smile on her face.

Aberforth stood up straighter, looking down at James, humming. "You broke it? You look scrawny to me."

James cleared his throat, refusing to be the lesser man in the prescene of Azalea. "Yeah, I broke it."

The two boys narrowed their eyes at each other.

Azalea sighed. "Oh - dear."