eight

Azalea saw James the day after her conversation with Lily

Azalea saw James the day after her conversation with Lily. She decided she would ask James if he once had a girlfriend. Azalea knew she wouldn't be able to sleep if she didn't find out. Her curiosity just would not allow it. To her, it was absolutely important to find out everything she didn't know. That was why she loved riddles and puzzles, even though she was utterly rubbish at them.

She curiously peered at him through her peripheral vision. They were in their Charms class, and James decided to sit next to her once more. He wasn't oblivious to her small head tilts in order to peer at him, but he decided not to say anything in order to not embarrass her. For once, he had human decency.

"Hey," Azalea called out, "are you currently dating anyone or perhaps fancy someone?"

James looked at her, a smile on his face. "Why do you ask?"

"I'm simply curious."

"I'm not currently dating anyone, but I do fancy someone. If you're wondering, I won't tell you," he replied.

"Is it me?"

James cleared his throat. "What makes you think it's you?"

Azalea shrugged. "Just a guess. But also because Lily told me you talk about me often."

"Lily - You know Lily?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.

"We're acquaintances. I met her in the library just yesterday. She's quite lovely. You two dated, yes?"

James spluttered, trying to come up with an answer.

"At least, I assume so. She seemed rather fond of you when she mentioned you. Though she didn't seem sad, but rather nostalgic," Azalea explained. "Perhaps, a fling?"

"No, we never dated or did anything," James finally said. "I tried to get her interested in me, but she didn't take to it, so I gave up. Less than a year later, you showed up, or rather, I found you."

She rolled her eyes, shifting away from James to focus on their professor. "How unfortunate."

"I think it's romantic. A prince finds a sleeping princess, only to gift her with a kiss."

Azalea couldn't help it. Her eyes traveled back to James. "That sounds like harassment, James."