eleven

Azalea sat in Albus's office

Azalea sat in Albus's office. She was ready to hear the story of Grindelwald. If it saddened her brother so much, then she had to know. She had to share the same pains that her siblings had.

Albus sighed from behind his desk. Azalea sat in front of him, legs crossed and hands folded onto her lap with a straight back. She patiently waited. She was in no rush. Her brother deserved to take his time. He took in a deep breath, leaning his head back to look at the ceiling.

"He was my friend - my best friend. Perhaps, even more than that," he added. "I trusted him with my life. We were partners. We sought the Deathly Hallows. He was a dangerous man who had been expelled from Durmstrang Institue for dark experiments and fatal attacks on students. I helped him. When we were seventeen, our relationship ended."

"How?" Azalea asked, leaning forward in curiosity.

Albus looked back to Azalea, tearing up. "We were involved in a three-way duel with Aberforth. Ariana died because I had accidentally cursed her. Grindelwald left Britain and stole the Elder Wand from Gregorovitch. I defeated him in a duel in 1945. Since then, he's been imprisoned in his own fortress."

Azalea walked over to Albus and hugged him tight, kissing the top of his head. "Things happen for a reason with sacrifices made on the way. Its been a hard life for you. I'm sorry I couldn't be there for you. I'm very sorry, Albus, but I love you. You know that, don't you? Even if you look older than me and lived more, I will always be your older sister. I will always be there to protect you from your demons."

He gripped her hand and kissed it. "Thank you, Azalea. You are the best older sister London has seen."

She snorted, breaking away from him and twirling. "London has yet to see me, brother. I have so much to see, to do, to taste, to smell. I can't wait to graduate."

He nodded. "A few more months."

"A few more months," she repeated.