CHAPTER 1 Arbed House

A/N—I Drew this picture above of Japeth ;)
————————-
—ARIC'S POV—

Aric never realized how dull Arbed House really was until he met him...Him. The boy who could take anyone's breath away with just a glance. The boy who made Aric feel things he'd never felt with anyone before.

Aric had been sent to Arbed House in the Foxwood School for Boys just a week ago after he'd sinisterly burnt down his caretakers' home and attacked their daughter. It wasn't like he hadn't done these acts without good reason though. The Mahut family were good doers of course and had taken Aric in when he was just a child, but Aric had always felt angry at the world, at life itself. So he'd done the only thing an angry person would do and had caused a bit of carnage.

Aric's mother had abandoned him in the woods without a single goodbye and had left her little boy to starve all alone. She never returned back for him. It was something that scarred Aric even now almost 9 years later. Part of him just died the day his mother left him as if she'd just stopped caring.

That's why Aric was in this dreadful Arbed House now, because he'd simply stopped pretending to be on his best behavior. Could anyone blame him for his misdeeds when he never felt as if he truly belonged anywhere?

Arbed House looked like a rundown poor area that looked out of place in the whole Foxwood School with its towering structure and strong build. It smelt of cheap wood and wax that made Aric gag, and he swore that wherever Foxwood's taxes were going, they were surely not going into paying for the School's expenses.

The Mahut family had been too relieved the day Aric was sent off to Arbed House. They'd practically begged the dean of Arbed House to take Aric off their hands, fearful that he would do something else nasty towards them.

Aric couldn't help but snicker at the irony of it all. Once, the Mahuts had taken him in, intending on loving him as their own, only to grow to hate him and throw him out just like his own mother did long ago.

That was okay with Aric though. He'd learned at a young age never to put his trust in anyone, for they'd only betray him in the end. First, his mom, now his stupid caretakers. That's why Aric could only depend on himself. He had to toughen up and be a man, Show others that he wasn't to be messed with, and that's exactly what Aric intended to do during his stay in his new school.

So The first week at Arbed House, Aric had used his dark appearance to frighten the other kids who would run away quickly at the sight of him. Even the dean of Arbed House, Dean Burnhilde, seemed a bit taken back by Aric's attitude.

If there was one absolute thing Aric despised the most about Arbed House by far it was the Dean. Dean Burnhilde had a bright cheery appearance and always seemed to have a fake smile plastered across her face as if she'd been bewitched to look happy all the time. It was annoying, and the way she talked sounded like there was goo stuck in her throat.

Dean Burnhilde had beehive hair and wore a slim fitting modest dress adorned with fake pearls. Unfortunately, the dress didn't help flatten out her bottom, so it always jutted out like a sore thumb.

The Dean insisted that she'd love to take Aric of the Mahuts' hands and the Mahuts gladly obliged, dumping him here without a goodbye—not that Aric ever expected one, especially after all the damage he'd caused the family. Aric was just glad that he was away from that poor family who'd he known would never truly love him.

Aric wasn't a Mahut. He'd only felt unwanted in the Mahut home, and now he was in Arbed house. Not that Arbed house was a single bit better than his old place he'd been kicked out of.